Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
College of Arts & Sciences
The Department of Mathematics at Jacksonville University invites applications for a full-time tenuretrack position at the assistant professor level starting in August 2023. A doctorate in mathematics or a related field is required before the starting date. All specialties will be considered, but special consideration may be given to applicants who are interested in interdisciplinary collaborations with colleagues in computer science, data science, engineering, or the natural sciences.
Faculty positions at Jacksonville university require commitment to teaching, university service, and scholarship. The successful candidate will be able to teach a broad range of lower-level and upperlevel courses. The Mathematics department offers a BS in data science as well as BA and BS degrees in mathematics. The department is committed to excellence in teaching, classroom use of technology, diversity, and small class size. The teaching load is 24 credits per academic year. Online teaching may be required.
To apply, please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, transcripts, JU faculty application, and three letters of recommendation to the Chair of the Mathematics Search Committee at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
Jacksonville University supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Jacksonville University is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be evaluated for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other protected characteristics under applicable Florida and Federal laws.
Jacksonville University is a comprehensive, liberal arts college located in Jacksonville,
FL a diverse metropolitan community with a thriving economic and cultural scene. Jacksonville
International Airport provides easy access to US and international destinations. The
College emphasizes innovative and quality teaching in small classes, and ranks in
the annual rankings of “America’s Best Colleges,”
released by U.S. News & World Report. Please visit our website at www.ju.edu.
Essential Job Duties
- Ability to teach a broad range of lower-level and upper-level courses.
- Ability to incorporate technology into classroom teaching.
- Ability to work with diverse students and small class sizes.
- Must participate in college and university service.
- Conduct research in mathematics or a mathematics related area.
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- A Ph.D in Mathematics or a mathematics related field by the time of appointment in August 2023.
Minimum Work Experience
- Academic teaching experience in Mathematics.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, transcripts, JU faculty application, and three letters of recommendation to the Chair of the Mathematics Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.