Associate/Assistant Professor of Economics
Davis College of Business
Jacksonville University’s Davis College of Business invites candidates to apply for a tenure-track position as an Assistant/Associate Professor with an anticipated start date of August 2019. A Ph.D. in Economics must be completed before the start date.
The candidate should exhibit a commitment to scholarly activity through the publication of refereed journal articles and have a commitment to teaching excellence. The faculty teaching duties include Economics courses at the undergraduate, MBA, and DBA levels. Faculty members participate in curriculum/program development, student advising, service to the college and University. The successful candidate should possess the ability to foster positive partnership on campus and in the business community.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaching lower and upper division courses as well as graduate level courses.
- Scholarly activity through the publication of refereed journal articles.
- Developing effective courses, benchmarking the best teaching practices of economics and finance in higher education.
- Classroom instruction – Eight class teaching load spread over 12 months.
- Willingness to mentor students, and enable their career goals through introduction and referrals to firms, government or local nonprofit organizations.
- Duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Business, or the Chair of Accounting, Finance, and Economics.
Prerequisites Required for Position
- Minimum Education Requirement: PhD in Economics.
- Research focus and portfolio should demonstrate knowledge and expertise in the area of Economics. Candidates must submit a research writing sample.
- Passionate about teaching, as evidenced by excellent student evaluations. Candidates must be able to demonstrate teaching capabilities.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues is essential.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in professional or academic areas are desirable.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.
Submit a cover letter, vita, transcript, teaching evaluation data and contact information for three references to the Search Committee via Dcobsearch@ju.edu.