This position is no longer available.
Associate/Assistant Professor of Economics
Davis College of Business
We are looking for a faculty member in Economics/Financial Economics. The preferred faculty qualifications for this tenure track position are a Ph.D. or DBA in Economics, Finance, or an appropriately related discipline at the time of appointment. At a minimum, the candidate must have 18 hours of graduate work in Economics. The ideal candidate would have 18 hours of graduate credit in BOTH Economics and Finance.
The candidate should exhibit a commitment to scholarly activity through the publication of refereed journal articles and also have a commitment to teaching excellence. The faculty teaching duties include Economics and Finance courses at the undergraduate, MBA, and DBA levels. The faculty should demonstrate teaching excellence with peer institutions and provide exceptional administrative references, student evaluations, and other third-party evidence of classroom success. Faculty members participate in curriculum/program development, student advising, service to the college and University. The successful candidate should possess the ability to foster positive partnership on campus and in the business community.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaching lower and upper division courses as well as graduate level courses.
- Scholarly activity through the publication of refereed journal articles.
- Developing effective courses, benchmarking the best teaching practices of economics and finance in higher education.
- Classroom instruction – Eight class teaching load spread over 12 months.
- Willingness to mentor students, and enable their career goals through introduction and referrals to firms, government or local nonprofit organizations.
- Duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Business, or the Chair of Accounting, Finance, and Economics.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- PhD or DBA in Economics or Finance with 18 credit hours of graduate coursework in Economics.
Minimum Work Experience
- Research focus and portfolio should demonstrate knowledge and expertise in areas of Finance and/or Economics.
- Passionate about teaching, preferably evidenced by good student evaluations; must be able to demonstrate teaching capabilities.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues is essential.
- D. or DBA in Economics or Finance.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in professional or academic areas are desirable.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Faculty application, CV and letter of interest can be sent to Dcobsearch@ju.edu attention DCOB Search Committee.