Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
The BRCHS Simulationist Assistant works in a team-based environment within the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences and Healthcare Simulation Center (HSC) in the daily operations and maintenance of the labs through the completion of technical and administrative oriented tasks. The BRCHS Simulationist Assistant will work under the direction of the Executive Director of the Healthcare Simulation Center.
Essential Job Duties
- 12-month, full-time Simulation Assistant
- Requirement to work during the Jacksonville University holiday campus closure(s) for HSC agreement provision of services. The number of days worked will be provided back as alternate days to be taken off.
- Assist in the set-up and break down of equipment and materials for scheduled courses and/or simulations in the labs and classrooms. Assist, as deemed necessary, in simulation activities.
- Organize lab supplies on an on-going basis and repurpose, as needed, materials no longer needed/utilized in the labs and maintain general cleanliness of the lab.
- Provide for the general cleanliness and security of the laboratory. Appropriately dispose of hazardous materials for OSHA standards.
- Collaborate and implement with the HSC Executive Director and Simulation Team (IT Sim Ops and Simulationist) current best practice-based healthcare simulation learning experiences.
- Collaborate & network with HSC Executive Director, Jacksonville University faculty, staff, community healthcare professionals & emergency responders in developing ideas for innovative research, designing study protocol, and preparing logistics for IRB approval, initiation, and implementation of research study on simulation education methods.
- Manage and direct the operation of manikin simulators as well as Standardized Patients (SPs) to facilitate their use in healthcare training in all programs at the HSC, Skills Lab and STAR Center.
- Maintain, trouble shoot and resolve issues related to operation and maintenance of simulation equipment.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants, send application materials to Ginger Grayson firstname.lastname@example.org.