Quality & Safety Center Simulation Administrative Assistant Coordinator
Simulation Assistant Coordinator
Simulation Center for Quality and Safety Patient Care
Jacksonville University in partnership with CAE will provide expertise in the development and delivery of simulation scenarios to community healthcare agencies to improve the provision of quality and safe care in a 15,000 square foot Simulation Center for Quality and Safety Patient Care. The Center will become a NEFL regional simulation training center for local and regional healthcare agencies, emergency and disaster training, and will host international conferences to improve the overall quality and provision of safe care.
The Simulation Assistant Coordinator works in a team-based environment to support the Director in the day-to-day operation of the Center. The coordinator oversees the maintenance, inventory, and operation of all simulation equipment/supplies and collaborates with community partners to schedule simulation activities. Under the direction of the Director, the coordinator ensures adherence to program policies and current simulation best practice and safety measures. This position is a 12 month, part-time placement. Occasional (or regular) evening or weekend shifts may be required.
Essential Job Duties
- Act as the primary contact for scheduling all community partners and campus courses utilizing the simulation center.
- Coordinate shipments of supplies from community partners and vendors.
- Coordinate simulation center schedule (including OSCE, sim, and classroom) in compliance with simulation center policies working to prevent scheduling conflicts.
- Coordinate with the University Bursar’s office to process payments for simulation services from community partners.
- Collaborate effectively with University and community partners to ensure efficient delivery of simulation services.
- Coordinate the delivery and assembly of new and existing supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate AV equipment delivery and installation.
- Organize and maintain simulation laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Initiate orders of equipment, supplies, and other purchases via Purchase Requisition with the University Purchasing and Controller’s office.
- Coordinate with IT for the regular maintenance and repair all simulation equipment.
- Update and maintain equipment warranty and repair logs.
- Ensures safety for all users.
- Maintain laboratory to meet regulation and accreditation standards.
- Foster a positive work environment demonstrating teamwork with simulation center staff and community partners.
- Coordinate and log training for simulation center staff.
- Maintain the simulation center staffing schedule as directed by the Director.
- Complete work authorization and associated documents to hire student worker(s) as needed to support simulation activities.
- Network with other lab/simulation coordinators at local/state/national level to develop and utilize best practices.
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of data for ongoing research or grant requirements.
- Maintain compliance of confidentiality requirements.
- Maintain Biomedical Waste compliance for disposal and storing of sharps.
- Coordinates center tours.
- Assist in keeping the simulation center clean and presentable.
- Assist with simulation activities as deemed necessary.
- Provide administrative support for the Director.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to interact with and work effectively with community partners, staff, and vendors in a positive, helpful, and cooperative working relationship.
- Experience in MS Office (to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and the ability to learn additional software programs as needed.
- Organizational and time management skills to keep materials in order, track various projects, maintain files, and follow through assignments to completion.
- Ability to create complex schedules.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between the main campus and simulation center.
- Some off-campus travel required.
- Work is primarily performed at the Healthcare Simulation Center and on occasion remotely under minimum supervision. Remote work requires the incumbent to exercise independence and discretion.
- Physical ability to lift, move, maintain and set up computer, audio-visual and simulation lab equipment weighing up to 80 lbs. without assistance.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Near vision sufficient to read written communication and computer display screens.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
- No latex allergy.
- Experience working remotely.
- Administrative Assistant background with word processing, PowerPoint development, excel and PDF development and revisions, filing, organizing, and email skills.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an administrative duties position or the possession of the qualifications necessary to perform the duties of this position.
- Current BLS certification.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
All Jacksonville University employees who work on campus must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Documentation will be requested during onboarding. Our full vaccination policy is available online.
Qualified and interested applicants, send application materials to Dr. Kathy Kavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org.