Nurse Practitioner Program Assistant
Nurse Practitioner Program Assistant (KSON)
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS)/KSON
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) Program Assistant is a full time administrative position in the Keigwin School of Nursing. This position works to secure, place and onboard clinical placements for nurse practitioner students regardless of specialty or program. This position requires the incumbent to possess strong communication and coordination skills and the ability to work independently.
The NP program assistant reports to the Graduate Nursing Director, Associate Dean of the Keigwin School of Nursing, and the Dean of the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS).
Essential Job Duties
- Secures clinical site placements for all NP tracks. This involves extensive and frequent communication with facility personnel to obtain clinical placements and may involve face to face meetings.
- Arranges for onboarding of NP students. Works with Graduate Clinical Coordinator to ensure all onboarding requirements met.
- Creates, manages, documents and maintains NP placements
- Creates materials as needed for faculty, staff and preceptors
- Participates in NP orientations and other NP clinical activities and meetings
- Coordinates preceptor courtesy adjunct faculty appointment process
- Works collaboratively with the Graduate Director, NP Program Coordinator, NP External Nurse Practitioner Coordinator, Graduate Clinical Practicum Coordinator, Assistant Director of Enrollment and Advising for Graduate nursing programs and NP clinical faculty.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attentive to detail
- Understanding of and commitment to the use of technology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong collaborator with dedication to team building
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Standard office hours with occasional evening hours to support BRCHS or University events
- Off-campus travel is required
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in a medical environment
- Knowledge of nursing profession, particularly nurse practitioners
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University faculty application and background check authorization, three letters of reference and unofficial transcripts via email to: email@example.com