HR Generalist and Office Coordinator
This position is no longer available.
Office of People & Culture Generalist and Office Coordinator
Office of People and Culture/Legal and Compliance
This position serves on a dynamic fast paced team and assists the Office of People/Culture and Legal & Compliance with managing office support and serves as a secondary HR generalist. Looking for a candidate who brings experience, diverse skills, passion, inclusion, and excellent communication skills, to this role. Candidates should be comfortable prioritizing and working on multiple projects simultaneously; This role also coordinates the event planning for major HR events; and assists the Office with various projects.
Essential Job Duties
- Manages office administration and other HR tasks
- Serves as HR Generalist within the office as needed.
- Assists the Office by representing JU welcoming campus culture as the first point of contact of welcoming visitors, applicants and employees via email, phone, and in-person.
- Assists the SVP and HR Team with appointment scheduling, correspondence, legal, HR, and special projects as needed.
- Coordinates the event planning for major HR events to include Annual Health Fair, Employee Appreciation Event, Leadership Academy, and Monthly Wellness Seminars.
- Process Annual Fee Disclosers for the employees who participate in the retirement plan.
- Periodically monitor & review the HR webpage for any errors or necessary changes.
- Responsible for organizing and purging termination personnel files.
- Processes Tuition Fee Waiver Forms for Staff and Administrative employees.
- Processes New Employee Forms for employees and Aramark employees.
- Orders office supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, awareness and emotional intelligence, with a desire to work in a multifaceted role
- Ability to handle sensitive and highly confidential information
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and including, including the understanding and appreciation for cultural differences that impact a college campus
- Attention to Detail – accomplishes tasks through concern for all aspects of the position.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, outgoing, welcoming).
- Ability to thrive and welcome others in a diverse environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and quick learner of technology
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative and has good judgement
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Event planning skills with strong organization skills
- Ability to work well in high stress situations.
- Primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings.
- Exposure to noise from various office machines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Work Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience assisting Executive Leadership
- Prior event planning experience
- Experience working in human resources and or legal/compliance
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.