Assistant Director of Annual Giving
This position is no longer available.
Assistant Director of Annual Giving
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving for Jacksonville University – with the coordination, collaboration, and supervision of the Senior Director of Engagement & Annual Giving – will be primarily responsible for the following:
Yearly Fundraising Campaign Execution – Annual Appeals
This position will be responsible for the execution of yearly annual giving appeal campaigns.
A successful candidate will possess the ability to write and maintain the Jacksonville University brand and voice in communications to diverse audiences across multiple mediums and channels. This position serves as a project manager; ensuring annual giving team meets all deadlines and collects all necessary photo, videos, quotes, approvals, graphics, etc.
Audiences: Alumni, Parents and Families, Faculty and Staff, Friends
- LYBUNTS, SYBUNTS, Never Givers
- Other Segments (based upon data from Advancement Services and appeal theme; ex. Colleges and programs, affinity groups, decades, gender)
Communication Channels: Direct Mail, Email, Texting, Video, Social Media, etc.
- Design (or liaison with external design vendor)
- Project Management – deadlines, action plans, approvals, etc.
Day of Giving / Giving Tuesday / Other micro-giving campaigns
This position will be responsible for all communications and projects related to University Advancement’s micro-giving campaigns, including Big Green Give and Giving Tuesday.
- Develop all GiveCampus BGG giving pages
- Video production
- Writing, designing, editing all Giving Tuesday communications
- Direct Mail, Email, Social Media
- Ensure the annual giving program’s strategies and tactics are up to date with emerging trends and technologies.
Collaborating with the Associate Director of Alumni Programs, this position will oversee the solicitation of and communication to all Reunion groups.
- Identify Reunion volunteers
- Develop giving pages/GiveCampus campaigns for Reunions
- Assist in writing and design of Reunion integrated communications (letters, appeals, invitations, social media communications, etc.)
Annual Giving Support
- Manage small portfolio of non-leadership donors to ensure retention of current donors
- Assisting in managing Dolphin Ambassador (parent and alumni) Annual Giving Volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Holds Raiser’s Edge knowledge and ability to facilitate small data requests and analysis
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to successfully balance, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks in an active, fast-paced environment, while providing superior constituent service
- Excellent oral, written, computer, problem-solving, critical thinking, and fiscal management skills
- Strong initiative, creativity, and attention to detail
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or off-campus
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Preferably in: Communications, Business, or Marketing
- 2-3 years in fundraising, marketing, higher education, or other relative experience
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.