Performs all necessary functions in recruiting, building relationships with and enrolling the necessary quantity and quality of prospective students to meet the enrollment goals of Jacksonville University. The Admissions Counselor is the first point of contact for prospective students and families, represents the University to both internal and external constituencies and participates in community outreach activities within various community-based organizations and high schools. The Admissions Counselor uses ever-changing technology, including the Technolutions Slate CRM and Colleague, to reach and track interaction with students. Nights, weekend work, and travel is required.
Essential Job Duties
- Student Recruitment: Meet with prospective students and parents on and off campus to counsel and present information regarding college selection and Jacksonville University. Effectively communicate University information through a variety of channels and provide quality customer service to all impacted audiences throughout the college search. Must build relationships with diverse populations and is the first point of contact with a variety of constituencies including high school counselors, students, parents, career counselors, colleagues from other institutions, state and national organization representatives. Serve on various cross functional teams throughout the university that impact the recruitment and retention of students.
- Territory Management and Data Analysis: Analyze recruitment data and use information to strategize and manage a recruitment territory and to determine travel and communication plans. Create targeted marketing strategies and events designed to reach specific audiences in a recruitment territory. Implement effective technological communication and measure success.
- Application Review: Guide students and families through the application process, including questions regarding timeline, scholarships, admissibility and admission decisions. Evaluate applications for admission and make recommendations for the admissions committee regarding individual student applications.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Clear, correct, and effective communication using the English language. Proficiency in one or more foreign languages in desirable, but not required.
- Ability to use discretionary judgment
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft word, office suite; Ability to learn new technologies and software programs
- Valid FL Driver’s License with good driving record; must be insurable
- Character: be a person of character, drive and integrity who will represent the University in a professional manner at all times.
- Creativity: have the ability to meet appropriate situation with reasonable, creative responses in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the recruitment effort.
- Commitment: be dedicated to the mission of Jacksonville University in regard to the growth of its student population.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum Work Experience
- Related experience in marketing, sales, event planning, territory management, relationship building, and customer service.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
All Jacksonville University employees who work on campus must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Documentation will be requested during onboarding. Our full vaccination policy is available online.