School of Aviation
- Aviation Management
- Aviation Management and Flight Operations
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
The School of Aviation, located in the Davis College of Business & Technology, has been educating and training future professional pilots and aviation executives for 36 years.
My name is Owen Nicely. I am an Aviation Management major, and I am a senior currently.
So, we’re giving them [the younger students] a first-hand experience of the drone industry and how to operate them so, in the future, they can pursue drone careers.
I just love being in Florida. Actually, my hometown is Fort Myers, Florida, so I just love the atmosphere and the weather. It’s usually always pretty good.
We have a different types of drones. We have a few quadcopters and also a few fixed wing drones. Mainly, they’re used for mapping large areas.
The Aviation program, being able to meet a whole bunch of new people, is really why I love being in it. Getting to teach them all the stuff I’ve learned while I was here and to show them all the cool drones and the stuff that you can do with that.
Our Aviation Management and Aviation Management & Flight Operations degree programs are accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI).
- Jacksonville University graduates can qualify for a Restricted-Airline Transport Pilot (R-ATP) certificate with 1,000 flight hours.
- In 2008, Jacksonville University won the 2008 Loening Trophy awarded annually at National NIFA SAFECON to the best all-around collegiate aviation program in the nation.
- Winner of the 2011 Air Race Classic, the national all-women transcontinental air race.
- Top 10 winner of the 2019 Air Race Classic (5th overall and 2nd Collegiate team)
- JU is one of 36 universities in the nation selected by the Federal Aviation Administration to educate future air traffic controllers under the Collegiate Training Initiative (CTI).
- Delta Propel partner university
- JetBlue Gateway partner university
- Our students also benefit from a one-of-a-kind partnership with L3 Airline Academy, offering airline-oriented flight training and a direct career path to the airlines.
- All of this while obtaining transferable business skills, a powerful credential that will help you succeed in your career of choice in aviation.
School of Aviation FAQs
We are eager to send you more information regarding our Aviation program and the specific
aviation track that interests you. If you would like such information or have any
questions pertaining to the program, please feel free to contact us by phone or email
The School of Aviation:
Alix Melchionna (Associate Director): 904-256-7434 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Admissions: 904-256-7000 • email@example.com
We are now offering Aviation Info Sessions in person as well as virtually. Please contact Alix Melchionna at 904-256-7434 to schedule your info session.
**If you are interested in an Aviation info session within 24 hours, please contact the School of Aviation directly at 904-256-7434 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org **
FALL 2021 incoming students information
JU Partners with Delta Air Lines to Launch Aviator Careers
In line with its mission to prepare students for life-long success, achievement and leadership, Jacksonville University today announced a partnership with Delta Air Lines to mentor and develop the most talented students in JU’s premier School of Aviation through the …