Front Office Coordinator
Front Office Coordinator
Student Health Center
The Front Office Coordinator for the Student Health Center (SHC) at Jacksonville University is a 10-month (August 1-May 31) full-time non-exempt position. This individual is the first point of contact for the Student Health Center and is responsible for greeting patients at the front desk or on the phone, managing the patient registration/check-in process, promoting, and providing excellent customer service, scheduling patient appointments, and ensuring all interactions with patients and outside services run as smoothly as possible.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform all duties related to the daily opening and closing of the SHC.
- Welcome all patients and visitors to the SHC.
- Manage patient check-in and checkout process.
- Manage phone calls and respond to messages for the SHC.
- Coordinate scheduling of appointments for new and existing patients.
- Facilitate the completion of required paperwork for new patients.
- Triage general patient questions and inquires.
- Perform clerical and front office administrative tasks.
- Process referrals to outside specialty services.
- Process records requests to/from outside healthcare institutions.
- Assist in maintaining general cleanliness of the SHC.
- Abide by SHC policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties relating to the business of the Student Health Center that may be assigned by the Executive Director of the SHC.
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service
- Technologically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Windows, Outlook, and Office).
- Computer knowledge with Electronic Health Record experience.
- Experience using fax, printer, scanner, copier, and phone
- Knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with healthcare
- Strong clerical and organizational
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Outstanding listening and problem-solving
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to provide independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply fundamental concepts related to HIPPA/FERPA regulations and privacy practices.
- Work is primarily indoors but requires incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or engaging in relevant outreach activities.
- Standard office hours are M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with June and July off.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment or supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person or by phone.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- BLS certification preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year of relevant front office experience in a healthcare setting.
- 1 year of relevant customer service experience.
- Computer experience and proficient in using office machinery.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student groups.
- Able to successfully pass a background check.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
All Jacksonville University employees who work on campus must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Documentation will be requested during onboarding. Our full vaccination policy is available online.
Qualified and interested applicants, send application materials to Dr. Elaine Borne at email@example.com.