- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
China Film Position
Visiting Artist-in-Residence Film
College of Fine Arts (CFA) Division of Visual Arts (DVA)
Jacksonville University’s College of Fine Arts is seeking to hire a visiting artist in the area of film. Candidates are being sought who have the experience and expertise to teach introductory production, production theory, and/or film history classes in Beijing, China as part of a partnership between Jacksonville University and the Beijing Film Academy (BFA). Fluency in Mandrin is not a requirement.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and teach selected courses in film at an introductory level.
- Mentor students at the Beijing Film Academy and assist them in meeting the admissions requirements at JU.
- Work as a liaison between JU and the BFA.
- Ability to teach introductory film classes, including technology and software used in the production of film and video.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Requires travel to Beijing and living in that city for a period of up to four months
- Primarily indoors on the BFA campus.
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Terminal degree in Film (or related field)
Minimum Work Experience
- Academic teaching experience at the undergraduate level in Film.
- Three years professional film production experience.
- A commitment to teaching, as well as service to the program and the department are necessary.
- An active production or research agenda is recommended.
- Fluency in Mandarin-Chinese is NOT REQUIRED.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a cover letter, teaching philosophy – outlining their pedagogical approach, a curriculum vitae, portfolio of professional and student work, Jacksonville University faculty application and background check authorization, names and contact info for three references and unofficial transcripts via email to Prof. Alex Willemin, firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is contingent upon funding source and budget approval.