Assistant Professor of Aeronautics
Assistant Professor of Aeronautics (Tenure Track)
School of Aviation
The Jacksonville University School of Aviation is seeking a career educator with civil and collegiate aviation experience to support our professional flight education program.
Essential Job Duties
Primary responsibilities for this position include teaching undergraduate aviation courses in areas to include, but not limited to all levels of aircraft systems, crew resource management, the professional pilot's role in airline flight operations, and FAR Part 141 ground courses. In conjunction with the above courses, the position will be responsible for participating in and delivering Jet Transition Training in a Level-5 Bombardier CRJ700/900 FTD in compliance with FAR Part 121 pilot hiring qualifications and assisting in oversight of Part 141 flight courses. Additional responsibilities include student advising, research/scholarly and professional development activities, and service including participation in departmental, college, and university committees.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and develop broad array of aviation training
- Ability to develop research specialization
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or teaching outdoor concepts/skills
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate business machines and film equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
- FAA Airline Transport Pilot
- Current FAA CFII and AGI
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor's degree
Minimum Work Experience
- Extensive civilian aviation experience with a background in FAR Part 121 or 135 operations.
Ph.D., Ed.D., J.D., or master's degrees. Established record of successful collegiate aviation classroom teaching. Established research/scholarly activity or technical writing.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.