Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing (AGACNP)
Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing (AGACNP)
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS)/ KeigwinSchool of Nursing (KSON)
Jacksonville University, ranked as a Best Regional University by US News and World Report, invites applicants for a faculty position in the Keigwin School of Nursing graduate nursing programs. This is a non-tenure track, full time, 12-month position. The expected start date is August 17, 2020. Particular expertise and certification as an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner is required. This position will serve as the lead faculty for the Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program.
Nursing faculty develop, revise, and teach curriculum (including clinical instruction), serve on department, college or university committees, are assigned special projects, perform university service, chair student projects and advise students academically. They also participate in nursing scholarship including clinical practice, research/QI projects, presentations and/or publications.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaching will include graduate students in ground-based, online, and hybrid models. Teaching also extends into the skills lab environment and clinical site visits.
- Scholarship to include clinical practice, research/QI projects, presentation and publications, grant management, attendance at professional meetings and chairing of UG research and/or doctoral projects.
- University service to include committee membership, special projects, community activities, mentoring, attendance and support for university events.
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and good problem solver
- Dedicated to service and a strong university presence
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Occasional evening and week-end hours
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Doctorate required. PhD in Nursing or DNP preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum 1-year experience in an acute care environment.
- Licensed to practice nursing in the state of Florida and/or eligible to obtain licensure
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner certification required
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University faculty application and background check authorization, three letters of reference and unofficial transcripts via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.