Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
The BRCHS Simulationist Assistant works in a team-based environment within the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences and Healthcare Simulation Center (HSC) in the daily operations and maintenance of the labs through the completion of technical and administrative oriented tasks. The BRCHS Simulationist Assistant will work under the direction of the Executive Director of the Healthcare Simulation Center.
Essential Job Duties
- 12-month, full-time Simulation Assistant
- Requirement to work during the Jacksonville University holiday campus closure(s) for HSC agreement provision of services. The number of days worked will be provided back as alternate days to be taken
- Assist in the set-up and break down of equipment and materials for scheduled courses and/or simulations in the labs and classrooms. Assist, as deemed necessary, in simulation
- Organize lab supplies on an on-going basis and repurpose, as needed, materials no longer needed/utilized in the labs and maintain general cleanliness of the
- Provide for the general cleanliness and security of the laboratory. Appropriately dispose of hazardous materials for OSHA
- Collaborate and implement with the HSC Executive Director and Simulation Team (IT Sim Ops and Simulationist) current best practice-based healthcare simulation learning experiences.
- Collaborate & network with HSC Executive Director, Jacksonville University faculty, staff, community healthcare professionals & emergency responders in developing ideas for innovative research, designing study protocol, and preparing logistics for IRB approval, initiation, and implementation of research study on simulation education
- Manage and direct the operation of manikin simulators as well as Standardized Patients (SPs) to facilitate their use in healthcare training in all programs at the HSC, Skills Lab and STAR Center.
- Maintain, trouble shoot and resolve issues related to operation and maintenance of simulation equipment.
- Participate in grant and contractual related activities as designated by the Executive Director of the
- Remain current with developments in the field of simulation technology and learning
- Maintain records of all simulation activities in an electronic database
- Participate in professional development and attend professional
- Attend scheduled Jacksonville University and BRCHS, Skills Lab, STAR Center, and
- Perform simulation lab tours.
- Perform other duties as designated by the HSC Executive Director.
- Technologically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Windows, Outlook, and Office).
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology and
- Able to work with self-initiative and autonomy as
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational
- Ability to work collaboratively with HSC team, Jacksonville University faculty and staff, and interdisciplinary community
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus
- Works flexible, variable hours with a 40 hours week schedule flexing to cover earlier mornings, later evenings, or weekends according to the needs of the BRCHS faculty and
- Requirement to work during the Jacksonville University holiday campus closure(s) for HSC agreement provision of services. The number of days worked will be provided back as alternate days to be taken off.
- Work is performed under supervision of the Healthcare Simulation Center Executive Director.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business
- Near and far vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by
- Physical strength capable of lifting, pushing, and pulling equipment weighing up to 70
- No latex allergy.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- High school diploma. LPN or ADN preferred.
- Must have current non-encumbered FL nursing license.
Minimum Work Experience
2-3 years of healthcare experience preferred
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University application and background check authorization, three letters of reference and unofficial transcripts via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.