Marketing & Communications Specialist Office of Marketing & Communications
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Office of Marketing & Communications
The Office of Marketing and Communications' Marketing and Communications Specialist will provide writing, digital marketing, and creative support that successfully communicates the value proposition of the University. This position reports to the Director of Creative and Digital Marketing and will market the University’s new revenue opportunities such as auxiliary services opportunities, and graduate and continuing education programs.
Essential Job Duties
The successful candidate will provide:
Digital Marketing Services
- Social media advertisement buys including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram, LinkedIn Direct Messaging, and organic posts on the main Jacksonville University or program social media channels
- Use website designed templates to create and update websites for campaigns and program pages
- Research keywords and write copy for SEO and Google Ad campaigns to create and continue optimizing campaigns
- Set up and buy geo-fence marketing for conferences, events, and business targeting
- Write content such as: email campaigns, e-newsletters, social media, web copy, press releases, and print pieces
- Write presentations and proposals for stakeholders and donors
- Provide photo and video support, as needed
- Design flyers and corporate proposals to create and update graduate flyers/corporate proposals
- Design presentations for stakeholders and donors
- Design print and digital materials, including postcards and advertisements
To be successful in this position, a candidate should:
- Have a bachelor's degree and experience or demonstrated equivalency in digital marketing or related fields. Experience can include internships and/or career experience.
- Be highly creative
- Have a thorough understanding of digital marketing and communication principles and techniques, including advertising, SEO, and analytics
- Be an excellent communicator who can draft and edit communications for multiple channels, including print, website, and social media
- Maintain an expert-level of proficiency with digital and print content development and management tools
- Be able to work collaboratively with all members of the Office of Marketing and Communications as well as other offices across campus
- Be able to work independently, meet deadlines, and work flexible hours (including occasional evenings and weekends, as necessary)
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Katie Jackson, Director of Creative and Digital Marketing, at email@example.com.