Help Desk Coordinator
This position is no longer available.
Help Desk Coordinator
- Acts as hardware and software support to the entire college community, providing technical assistance to the campus lab coordinators, faculty, and administrative staff. Responds to user requests for service and determines nature and extent of support needed. Provides support or refers to the appropriate staff member.
- As a member of the help desk services staff, responds to software problem calls on site or over the phone for users. Investigates error messages and determines resolution. Reinstalls program or replaces files that are causing errors.
- Trains users in startup, basic and advanced use of software programs such as electronic mail and calendaring, Microsoft Office and network operating system.
- Maintains up-to-date expertise in the operation and application of JU’s standard software and a working knowledge of a wide variety of commonly used hardware and software.
- May provide supervision, training, and technical guidance to students assisting the department with software support as a part of their course work. May assess and report on student progress to faculty.
- Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position.
Essential Job Duties
- Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users.
- Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment. Requires experience with personal computer equipment.
- Must have advanced personal computer word processing, spreadsheet, and Windows skills.
- Requires sufficient analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions.
- Prefer a working understanding of JU and individual department operations, goals and objectives relating to Computer & Communications Services.
- Typically inside, though sometimes outside tracking down problems.
- Occasionally work will require some weekend/evening hours.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
- Must be able to travel for training purposes
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Technical degree
Minimum Work Experience
- 1-4 years
Experience in education a plus.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Submit your application materials to: