Assistant Sailing Coach
This position is no longer available.
Assistant Sailing Coach
Jacksonville University (JU) has the most dynamic, fastest growing sailing team in the country. It is looking for a highly motivated Full Time 10-month Assistant Coach to help develop a sailing program that is on the verge of becoming one of the best teams in the national, to begin in August to prepare for the 2019 fall season.
JU is located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Essential Job Duties
The Assistant Sailing Coach position will be responsible for assisting the head coach in all aspects of the development and administration of a competitive varsity collegiate sailing program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all Jacksonville University, Intercollegiate Sailing (ICSA) rules, regulations, and policies. Essential functions include Budgeting and Accounting for the team’s finances, recruiting student/Athletes for the varsity team; planning of and coaching at practices and regattas; developing competition-specific sailing skills in a professional, safe, and responsible manner; as well as maintenance of the fleet of sailboats, powerboats, and facilities.
Additional functions include:
- Boat maintenance
- Planning and implementing of Practice
- Hosting events
- Other related duties related to the growth and experience coaching sailing and knowledge of fundamental tactics and strategies of intercollegiate sailing
The candidate must be knowledgeable of current Racing Rules of Sailing as well as the College Sailing Procedural Rules. Travel is required, and the candidate must be able to maintain a valid driver’s license. The candidate must also have the ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Advanced College Dinghy Sailing and Coaching skills
- Advanced Team Racing knowledge
- Motor/Coach Boat operation
- Half Time boat maintenance/practice planning work. Half on the water coaching
- Weekend Travel and Home regattas
- Must be able to drive Small Coach Boats and Sail Small Boats at a high level
Prerequisites Required for Position
- Preferred Minimum Education Requirement: BA or BS
- Valid Drivers License
- Minimum Work Experience: 2 years coaching
- US Sailing Level 1 or 2
- Red Cross CPR/First Aid
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Please send your materials to Jon Faudree at firstname.lastname@example.org.