Assistant Director of Advancement Operations
This position is no longer available.
Assistant Director of Advancement Operations
The Assistant Director of Advancement Operations at Jacksonville University is responsible for University Advancement process strategy in addition to the operational and reporting effectiveness of the department. This position has the opportunity to help define the role Advancement Operations plays within the team and across the department. The overarching goal of the Assistant Director of Advancement Operations position will be to help build department consensus around policies, reporting, and procedures, enabling University Advancement to efficiently and effectively attain our fundraising goals. The Assistant Director of Advancement Operations will serve as the connector for all teams within the department. This role is uniquely positioned to support fundraising efforts and the effectiveness of every team member. The Assistant Director of Advancement Operations will work across the department on projects that add new fundraising channels while improving existing ones. This position will anticipate the needs of supervisors and department staff to help them stay focused on their fundraising goals and position initiatives by identifying and resolving operational issues before they arise. Working with leadership, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of department strategies, policies, and practices.
Essential Job Duties
Project Coordination & Department Strategy Oversight
- Oversee and coordinate fundraising and engagement project schedules while fostering inter-departmental collaborations.
- Coordinate planning and status updates or meetings for reporting analysis, process implementation, and project timelines.
- Oversee the implementation of a prospect scoring system and pipeline management for all teams.
- Provide timely and accurate reports for leadership on fundraising and engagement project schedules and success.
- Build departmental expertise with Advancement Services, maximizing effectiveness, efficiency, timeliness, accuracy and ROI.
Reporting & Process Effectiveness
- Report on key metrics regarding project completion and success, and process effectiveness.
- Ensure reports meet internal and external deadlines.
- Work with the Advancement Services team to validate results and track the successes of proactive identification efforts.
- Maintain consistency and pull reports/dashboards in Raiser’s Edge to track prospect identification, giving summaries, engagement tracking and stewardship touchpoints for the department.
- Create and update documentation for department procedures and reporting.
Schedule Management Administrative Duties
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings with staff, volunteers and donors. Oversee meeting logistics, e.g., location, phone/dial-in information, communication with attendees, room reservations, materials, catering (when needed). Serve as the office contact managing all messages and e-mails for University Advancement. Oversee the calendar for the Senior Vice President. Input contact reports for the Senior Vice President, as requested. Manage materials and reporting for the Senior Vice President, as requested including but not limited to; collecting and distributing agendas/briefings, executing consistency across UA reports, and preparing materials for Board of Trustee and advisory board meetings. Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist in fundraising functions and attend or coordinate donor/alumni/volunteer events or meetings, as requested. Identify prospects through resources made available by Advancement Services through discovery calls and meaningful follow up with the purpose of supporting the Major Gifts team and other fundraisers, as requested. Support annual giving campaigns and projects, as requested. Review community publications and media reports to identify stewardship outreach and prospect identification for fundraisers. Other fundraising-related duties and projects assigned as needed.
- Excellent communication, project, and management skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and computer-based problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a quick and adaptive learner who can develop and implement new processes.
- Ability to maintain regular check-ins with supervisors regarding workload, priorities, and any challenges or difficulties with assignments.
- Enjoy and excel at work that is extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to take initiative, use sound judgment, and ask questions as needed.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team—this position will work closely with staff across the department.
- Because of COVID-19, this position will be considered remote for the remainder of 2020. All members of the University Advancement team are subject to report to campus for assistance or office hours only if deemed necessary. Once restrictions are lifted, this position will be expected to work from our on-campus Office.
- Occasional evening and weekend work assignments.
- Work is primarily indoors but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Standard work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Experience in Non-profits and coordination of volunteers preferred
- User experience in Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database preferred
- Efficiency in Microsoft applications, Excel, Word, Publisher, etc.
- Light physical demand
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants, send application material to Mary Anne Tuohy Jolly at email@example.com.