Student Services Associate
This position is no longer available.
Student Services Associate
Enrollment Management-Student Financial Services
This position supports the student services (Student Financial Services and Student Accounts) staff and functions as the ambassador and greeter. Answers phones, emails, and in-person requests for student services information. Scanning documents (as needed) and running daily software processes, as well as submitting work orders and ordering supplies. Special projects as assigned.
- Customer Service at the concierge level
- Answer phones, emails and in-person requests for information
- Supports the Student Financial Assistance and Student Accounts office staff in communications with students
- Work with students to complete or demonstrate bill payment, person proxy, and financial aid processes on the student self-service portal.
- Assist students in accessing their student billing account.
- Respond to inquiries related to financial aid, billing questions, balance holds, payment deadlines, student health insurance, Veteran’s benefits by phone, email, text, or in-person or other acceptable methods of communication.
- Collect payments from students
- Accept deposits from auxiliary university offices including advancement, orthodontics, fine arts and athletics. Make daily deposits.
- Add money to Dolphin1 cards (as needed).
- Reconcile cash drawer to daily cash receipt sessions at close of business (daily).
- Process and communicate Admissions deposit payments (through the ‘Other’ payments link) to the Office of Admissions (as needed).
- Import MPN, Entrance and Exit Counseling information
- Order supplies; office supplies inventory
- Submit work orders
- Run software processes
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned by supervisor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and other software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to think critically and use discretionary judgment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and resource
Education, Certificates, Licenses, & Experience
- High school diploma
- Associate Degree preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a calm and professional manner
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.