This position is no longer available.
The Accounting Associate will be responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information and analysis to support both internal and external reporting. We are seeking an experienced detail-oriented individual to assist with bank and other account reconciliations, journal entries, and other general accounting duties for the University. The Accounting Associate will report to the Assistant Controller. The Accounting Associate collaborates very closely with the other accountants and primarily the internal customers within the University.
Essential Job Duties
- Travel Expense and Purchase Card administration and review.
- Prepare various account reconciliations monthly.
- Assist with month-end close activities including the preparation of journal entries.
- Run various financial reports.
- Download daily bank activity and review activity for proper classification and update and review daily cash spreadsheets and reconcile checks paid.
- Prepare credit applications
- Prepare billing and collect on miscellaneous accounts receivables.
- Perform general ledger account maintenance
- Complete other projects and duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Detail oriented and strong analytical ability.
- Strong sense of time management and organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and projects, mobilize efforts toward completion; deliver with a high degree of quality, error free, on a consistent basis.
- Proficient with ERP systems and Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Ability to work in an office environment with extensive use of computer and telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry up to twenty pounds; ability to read, write, handle and process paper documents.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration (preferred) or equivalent accounting/bookkeeping experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant accounting/bookkeeping experience
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.