UpSkill Institute Technology Course Developer
Technology Course Developer
Part-Time / Contractor
The Jacksonville University UpSkill Institute is seeking proposals from course developers in the following areas:
- Algorithms and Programming
- Operating Systems
- Web Technologies I
- Databases and Information Systems Fundamentals
- Business Platforms
- Computer Architecture and Computer Engineering Fundamentals I
- Computer Networks I and Insight into Industry
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Internet, Netiquette and The Legal Regulation
- Software Engineering
- Salesforce (multiple courses possible)
- Healthcare Certifications (multiple courses possible)
All courses will need to be designed for asynchronous completion within four weeks (with an expectation of 10 hours of student effort per week) by individuals requiring basic knowledge prior to beginning careers at a Fortune 100 company. These courses will not be for credit and selected reading materials should be embedded within the course structure.
As part of the proposal, please include:
- a brief outline of each course you are wanting to develop
- your qualifications for developing this course
- ideas for assessment mechanisms (with samples as available)
- pricing (if you prefer for us to internally design assessments on our own, please note that)
- Minimum 3 years of experience relevant to course subject matter.
- Flexible individual who is open to new and innovative ways of delivering educational experiences beyond a traditional classroom format.
- Prior teaching experience, particularly with adult learners.
- Prior experience teaching/presenting in an online environment.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
To apply to be a developer for an UpSkill Institute non-credit certificate course or standalone course, please submit the following:
- A cover letter describing your areas of interest and expertise.
- Resume or CV
- A complete proposal (as described above)
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and review of applications will occur intermittently dependent on program needs. We provide competitive compensation and are open to proposals for multiple courses.
Individuals whose proposals are selected to continue will be provided with templates to utilize in creating course materials. All individuals hired through this project will be independent contractors—not University employees.
Please send all materials or pose any questions to email@example.com.