Part-Time Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing/Palm Coast
This position is no longer available.
Part- Time Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing/Palm Coast
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS)/ Keigwin School of Nursing (KSON)
Jacksonville University, ranked as a Best Regional University by US News and World Report, invites applicants for a faculty position in the Keigwin School of Nursing. This is a part-time non-tenure track position. The expected start date is January 1, 2023. This individual will teach at the Palm Coast location.
Part-time Nursing faculty develop, revise, and teach curriculum (including clinical instruction), and may be assigned special projects. They also participate in nursing scholarship including clinical practice.
Essential Job Duties
- The primary teaching responsibility for this position will be instruction in the classroom, clinical setting and the lab.
- Teaching will include undergraduate students.
- Teaching may extend into the skills lab environment and clinical site visits.
- The teaching load for this position includes 12-15 credits per academic year.
- Expert clinical nursing skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and good problem solver
- Dedicated to service and a strong university presence
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Occasional evening and week-end hours
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- MSN in Nursing
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in clinical nursing.
- Licensed to practice nursing in the state of Florida and/or eligible to obtain licensure
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience
and potential, a
curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University faculty application, three letters of reference and unofficial transcripts via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.