Adjunct Position: General/Organic Chemistry
Chemistry, Division of Science and Mathematics
Jacksonville University invites applications for adjunct chemistry positions to teach undergraduate courses in the areas of:
- General Chemistry I (science majors)
- General Chemistry I Lab (science majors)
- Organic Chemistry I (science majors)
- Organic Chemistry I Lab (science majors)
Lecture courses are usually taught in the mornings and lab sections are usually taught in the afternoons or evenings.
Essential Job Duties
Adjunct faculty members must perform all duties associated with teaching courses at the post-secondary level. These duties include:
- Providing lectures
- Supervising laboratories
- Leading class discussions
- Writing exams, grading exams, and providing feedback on any other assignments
- Holding office hours
- Providing prompt responses to student questions
Applicants must possess either a Ph.D. in any area of chemistry or a Master degree in chemistry (or closely related field) with at least 18 graduate credit hours earned in chemistry.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Send electronic copies of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- JU Faculty Application