Simulation Operation Specialist (SimOps)
Simulation Operation Specialist (SimOps)
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS)
The Simulation Operation Specialist (SimOps) IT Technician works in a teambased environment within the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS) Healthcare Simulation Center (HSC) to assist the Executive Director in the operation and maintenance of the AV system, IT system and operation of a variety of manikins. The SimOps will master the operation of and serve as an operations specialist for simulation scenarios that include IT, AV, and manikin scenario operations. The SimOps will serve as a resource for contractual agreement service recipients and all IT questions related to operation and service of the HSC simulation equipment, AV, and IT related products as deemed necessary. Hours may vary by semester, but may include evening and occasional weekend hours. The SimOps will be responsible for maintaining all documents of IT operation, concerns, communication with vendor companies and resolution.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist in simulation assembly of HSC IT equipment, scenario medical supplies, computers, manikins, AV equipment and simulation programs for manikin usage for the BRCHS HSC contractual community related activities.
- Operate simulators and AV equipment for HSC trainings approved by Executive Director.
- Supports end users by resolving hardware and software problems, installations of applications, deployment of new technology, and maintaining service level agreements.
- Assist in maintaining HSC BRCHS IT equipment, computers, manikins, AV Equipment and manikin software updates.
- Work in collaboration with HSC Simulationist(s) and HSC Administrative Assistant under direction of HSC Executive Director for maintenance and repair of equipment deemed as necessary.
- Serve as resource for learners, educators and community partner(s) HSC IT related inquiries.
- Develop and maintain daily log of AV, IT, Manikin updates, and repair for HSC equipment.
- Effectively communicate in a timely manner to the HSC Executive Director simulation equipment and manikin issues in HSC Simulation Center.
- Independently communicate with equipment vendors IT support as needed to resolve and repair simulation equipment issues.
- Maintain manikin and simulation equipment warranties and communicate with Executive Director and/or designated staff.
- Work with Executive Director and Faculty in the manikin programing of simulation scenarios.
- Independently research specific IT product and simulation product trainings.
- Independently research best practice guidelines and maintain current knowledge of manikin updates, usage problems and new products.
- Collaborate with HSC Executive Director in purchases of IT simulation and manikin related equipment.
- Assist with tours and operation of manikins, IT and AV equipment as deemed necessary.
- Collaborate with the HSC team to provide a positive and professional service for contractual agreement services.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Travel and attend trainings and conferences related to simulators and IT related content.
- Work as designated by Executive Director for courses schedule on evenings or weekends.
- Engage and facilitate faculty & community partner development in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of new courses, scenarios, simulation tools, and other educational initiatives to promote and measure student learning outcomes.
- Assist facilitate faculty and students with IT support for academic programs offered at the HSC.
- Facilitate scenarios and operate manikins for academic programs curriculum.
Description of Essential Job Duties:
- 12-month, full-time Simulation Instructor
- Requirement to work during the Jacksonville University holiday campus closure(s) for HSC agreement provision of services. The number of days worked will be provided back as alternate days to be taken off.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Extensive experience with hardware/software platforms including MS Windows 7 and 10.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Suite Office 2013/2016.
- Must have extensive experience with Microsoft Active Directory and user management.
- Good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business/Blackboard Collaborate.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, while effectively focusing on priority issues while staying within service level agreement targets.
- Ability to create, document, and follow processes and procedures.
- Able to understand the core of the client’s issues and solve them expeditiously.
- Able to identify trends in helpdesk calls to identify core problems and client trends.
- Provide IT, AV, simulation equipment and manikin support services.
- Exhibits professional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Work effectively in team environment.
- Works well independently and multitasks with minimum direction.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
- Physical lifting ability of simulation manikins and equipment up to 80 lbs.
- May be working in areas with the risk of electrical shock, near moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure and in high precarious places.
- May be working in areas with latex exposure and no latex allergy requirement.
- Associate's degree (AA and/or AS) in Information Technology and/or related field professional experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology and/or related field professional experience preferred.
- A+ certification is preferred.
- IT support experience.
- Simulation Operation Specialist certification or previous experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University application and three letters of reference and unofficial transcripts via email to Danial Winston at firstname.lastname@example.org.