Senior Systems Administrator
Senior Systems Administrator
Office of Information Technology
Position Reports to (Position Title)
Associate Director of IT Infrastructure
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the support and maintenance of the physical and virtual servers, data storage backup systems, network storage systems and services, as well as and emergency power systems and support of our physical off-site Disaster Recovery site. Provide support to other I.T. personnel and customers in daily system administration duties, including Office 365 system administration.
- Administer, maintain and optimize JU’s datacenter resources, which includes:
- Physical and Virtual Server Administration of approximately 100 servers
- Serve as administrator of the campus network storage systems
- Serve as administrator of the campus data network backup and recovery systems
- Manage and apply security certificates for the campus systems
- Serve as administrator for the Active Directory, including GPOs
- Manage implementation and support of Single Sign On services with campus resources, including 3rd party applications
- First contact for Generator & UPS maintenance & issues
- First contact for Datacenter requests that require service from Aramark or an outside vendor
- Manage support agreements for various services supported, such as Dell, CDW, Cohesity, VMWare, Service Express, Microsoft, etc.
- Provide server support for network printing services to the campus
- Provide remote system support service to satellite locations and COLO for Disaster Recovery.
- Assist customers with the planning and purchase of server resources to support their projects.
- Assist other IT service teams with troubleshooting problems that may be system related as well as maintain the network based tools and utilities required for the performance of their duties.
- Develop and maintain documentation to cover areas such as server inventory, backup
and retention, disaster recovery, and other related policy and procedures.
- Primary contact for off-site Disaster Recovery Site and responsible for fail over procedures during a DR scenario and testing
- Serve as a primary stakeholder in the identifying, planning and implementing new
solutions, as well as system hardware & software upgrades
- Ability to recognize, troubleshoot, and resolve situations or problems is a necessity.
- Responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs.
- Understands directives and requirements of projects.
- Experience maintaining a Microsoft Active Directory domain including DNS, DHCP, security, policy management, print services, and account maintenance.
- Knowledge of the operation of Microsoft’s System Center suite and Windows Server Update Services.
- A good understanding of Storage Area Networks, fiber channel switches and RAID schemes.
- Experience with enterprise class backup systems, cloud backups, disk to tape, disk to disk, replication, de-duplication and archiving technologies.
- Proficiency with VMware or comparable virtualization technology.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 administration.
- Experience with administration of Single Sign-On (SSO).
- PowerShell scripting
- Ability to configure, patch, and troubleshoot servers (physical and virtual)
Education, Certificates, Licenses, & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field. 3 years of direct experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
- Must be able to travel for training purposes
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.