Advancement Content Creator
Advancement Content Creator
Under the supervision of the Director of Annual Philanthropy and Advancement Communications, provide communications strategy and support to the Office of University Advancement- specifically the Engagement Team as well as fundraising campaigns, annual philanthropy, stewardship and donor relations.
Essential Job Duties
- Support University Advancement communications roadmap in coordination with Director of Annual Philanthropy and Advancement Communications
- Develop social media strategy for University Advancement including coordinating social media efforts for Advancement with overall University strategies in mind including strategic messaging as well as analysis and ROI (@jualumni)
- Cultivate content and update web pages for University Advancement
- Partner with Engagement, Donor Relations/Stewardship, Annual Philanthropy, and Major Gifts teams to develop, manage and optimize the content calendar for email, social media and printed communications
- Coordinate with campus partners and Marketing & Communications to draft content and design email communications including monthly e-newsletters for alumni, GOLD Phins, and families, as well as periodical newsletters for corporations, campaigns, and specific affinity groups
- Compile annual analytics for social media and email performance
- General support of University and Advancement events including Homecoming & Family Weekend, Thank -a-Giver day, Commencement, etc.
- Development of printed materials (one-pagers, invitations, flyers, etc.) and online content
- Assist in identifying and sharing alumni and donor success stories and spotlights for print or digital
- Create and maintain event registration pages
- Manage printing, promotional items, vendors, etc.
- Design creative collateral for events and select fundraising proposals
- Partner with Major Gifts team to formulate electronic and printed communications for donors and other campus partners
- Oversight of the collateral and communications approval process to ensure accuracy, branding and voice consistency
- Work closely with the Office of Marketing and Communications as appropriate on joint projects and initiatives
- Represent the interests of University Advancement in meetings with the Office of Marketing and Communications; contribute to editorial and design teams
- Gather and Prepare content for digital Class Notes
- Curate content through event photography as needed
- Supervise any additional staff added to the Advancement Communications team, including student workers
- Other duties as assigned
Goals and Objectives of the Position:
- Shape perception, engagement and fundraising through external communications
- Support the goals of the University Advancement Office and the mission of the University
Difficulty & Complexity:
- This position requires a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality and an ability to interact with a variety of entities and individuals to significantly increase the visibility of the University.
- Incumbent must be capable of conveying appropriate messages and representing the University to encourage and facilitate interest in and support of the University’s mission and goals.
- This position has a significant effect on the University’s ability to engage current and future donors in a meaningful way and is responsible for enhancing the University’s ability to identify, establish, create and maintain strong relationships.
- This position requires event participation and staffing; a healthy life style and physical mobility are necessary.
- Work venues vary from office, to social events, to presentations, to large and small meetings and interactions with individuals, involving a variety of environments.
- Evening/weekend work is sometimes required.
- The ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously
- No risks or discomforts are imposed upon this position by the physical surroundings or job situation.
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the areas of digital and social media.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective donors, and interact via electronic communications, telephone and in person with institutional peers.
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in order to develop proposals, professional reports, strategic plans, and correspondence.
- Ability to use social media effectively, keeping up with industry trends and measure analytics across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva
- Photography and video editing experience
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Ability to lift and load event materials as well as set-up/break-down event displays.
Minimum Education Requirement:
A bachelor’s degree and experience in events and strategic communications.
- Preference will be given to candidates with higher education social media and marketing experience
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and OLX
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.