Assistant Professor, CSD (Pediatric)
Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Communication Sciences & Disorders, Speech Language Pathology, Distance Learning
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders in the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences at Jacksonville University invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month, nontenure-accruing position for an Assistant Professor in communication sciences and disorders for a distance learning program. The Department is seeking faculty members with expertise in the area of pediatric speech and language disorders.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and teach courses in the area of communication sciences and disorders online
- Provide service in the area of communication sciences and disorders
- Primarily indoors
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise
- Independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders or related field required.
- Speech Language Pathology certification considered highly desirable.
Minimum Work Experience
- Prior academic teaching at the university level
- Prior clinical experience is preferred
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applications should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, JU faculty application, three letters of reference, and transcripts, via electronic email to Barbara McClelland at email@example.com.