Physics, School of Sciences & Mathematics
Jacksonville University invites applications for an adjunct physics positions to teach undergraduate courses in the areas of:
- Algebra-based introductory physics I & II
- Algebra-based introductory physics with aviation applications
- Discussion sections are usually taught in the mornings and lab sections are usually taught in the afternoons.
Essential Job Duties
- Adjunct faculty members must perform all duties associated with teaching courses at the post-secondary level. These duties include:
- Delivering learning activities
- Supervising laboratory activities
- Leading class discussions
- Writing, grading, and providing feedback on formative and summative assessments
- Providing timely responses to student questions
Applicants must possess either a Ph.D. or Master degree in any area of physics, materials engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering with at least 18 graduate credit hours earned in the degree field.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Send electronic copies of the following documents to email@example.com
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- JU Faculty Application