Adjunct Position: Introductory/General Chemistry
Chemistry, School of Science and Mathematics
Jacksonville University invites applications for adjunct chemistry positions in 2021-2022 academic year to teach undergraduate courses in the areas of:
- Introductory Chemistry (non-science majors)
- General Chemistry I (science majors)
Lecture courses are usually taught in the mornings and lab sections are usually taught in the afternoons or evenings.
Essential Job Duties
Adjunct faculty members must perform all duties associated with teaching courses at the post-secondary level. These duties include:
- Providing lectures
- Supervising laboratories
- Leading class discussions
- Writing and grading exams, and providing feedback on any other assignments
- Providing prompt responses to student questions
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Applicants must possess either a Ph.D. in any area of chemistry or a Master degree in chemistry (or closely related field) with at least 18 graduate credit hours earned in chemistry.
Minimum Work Experience
- Candidates with experience in teaching analytical chemistry and/or instrumental analysis are encouraged to apply.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Send electronic copies of the following documents to email@example.com.
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae with three references
- JU Faculty Application
For questions about the position; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.