How to Apply
An international student is a student on a J-1 or F-1 visa who is not a citizen of, or a permanent resident of, or a refugee in the United States of America.
International students applying to Jacksonville University (JU) use the same application as any other applicant. The application is only available online after you create an online account.
If you need any clarification on this process or need further assistance, feel free to contact the Office of International Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (904) 256-7013.
Undergraduate Application Information
Complete the online application.
Submit your application for admisisons online and send your supporting documents.
Attn to: Admissions
2800 University Blvd. N
Jacksonville, FL, USA 32211.
Submit the non-refundable application fee. Applications require a $30 non-refundable application fee along with the application. This can be paid online from the student application account. You may also submit paymen in the form of a check or money order dran on a U.S. Banking Affiliate and made payable to Jacksonville University. Do not send cash or international postal money orders. Application fees cannot be waived or transferred to a future application.
Request that your official transcript be sent directly from your school(s) to Jacksonville University's admissions office. Official transcripts are certified copies of official documents from each secondary school, college, university, and/or technical schools attended. Records must include courses completed, grades, or marks earned, and certificates or degrees awarded.
College and University transcripts require a course by course foreign credential evaluation.
Include a certified English tranlsation of all documents not written in English.
Upon graduation or completion of the semester, request that a final transcript be sent directly to Jacksonville University to determine final admission status. If your school(s) cannot send them directly to Jacksonvillle University, you may send them making sure they meet one of the following requirements:
- Original academic credentials issued by the registrar of the institution attended, bearing the original raised or colored seal of the institution and the signature of the institutions, registrar, academic oficial or recognized international organization.
- Photocopies of academic credentials that have been verified as true copies of the original by a responsbile official of the institution attended or by an educational representative of the country's government or embassy. Each page must bear the verifying official's signature and stamp.
- Photocopies of academic credentials that have been certified by a recognized international educational organization, such as the U.S. Educational Foundation. Education USA, AMIDEAST or the Institute for International Education.
Note: Any document Jacksonville University receives becomes property of Jacksonville University and will not be returned to you.
Photocopies signed by a notary public are not official. Scanned copies are also not accpeted in lieu of original official academic documents.
All international transcripts must be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation. Translations must be literal, complete versions of the originals and must be translated by a university, government official or official translation service. You may not complete your own translation.
You must have one set of official transcripts from every high school, college, and university from which you earned a high school diploma sent to Jacksonville University (see mailing address)
Upon graduation or completition of the semester, request that a final transcript be sent directly to Jacksonville University to determine final admission status.
Submit evidence of English language proficiency. All international students whose first language is not English are required to submit proof of their proficiency in English. If submitting score reports, they must be sent directly to Jacksonville University from the testing institutions.
JU does not require applicants to submit an SAT or ACT score in the admissions application. If submitting scores, score reports must be sent directly from the testing organizations.
Completion of the Financial Information for International Applications Form is required. Be sure to attach tax forms, statements from employes, bank statements, or any other documentation you will be sending to verify your family assets.
Items to consider
- Admission to Jacksonville University cannot be determined until your file is complete and all of your credentials are evaluated.
- You must enroll full-time each semester
- Students holding F-2 visas cannot attend Jacksonville University on a full-time basis
- All international students on F-1 or J-1 visas must provide a Financial Guarantee to show evidence of sufficient funds available for their students before their SEVIS Form I-20 can be issued.
International Undergraduate Transfer Applicants
All international students who have received credit from a post-secondary institution and would like to apply to JU must apply as a transfer applicant. This inclused applications who wish to enroll with freshman status and/or zero credit transfer.
Students applying for transfer are required to submit a course by course foreign credential evaluation of their official transcripts. There is no guarantee of credit transfer.
ETS - TOEFL