- International Home
- Majors and Programs
- Paying for School
- Student Life
- Additional Resources
- Title IX
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
Demonstrated English proficiency is required of all international students. Students whose first language is not English or who are from a country where the medium of instruction is NOT English may demonstrate proficiency by submitting official copy of score reports, certificates or transcripts of one of the following:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of either 550 on the paper-based exam or 79 on the Internet-based exam.
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum of a band six (6.0).
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) with a minimum score of 53.
- High school transcripts showing completion of a minimum of two years at an
institution where instruction is in English and demonstrating significant
language achievement through rigorous coursework.
- Completion of at least 24 semester credits at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Completion of English composition or an equivalent course, with a grade of "C" or higher, at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Completion of the new College Board SAT Evidenced-Based reading and writing tests with acceptable minimum scores of 500.
- Completion of the ACT with reading and writing scores of 21 or higher.
- Transcripts showing the successful completion of an ESL (English as a Second
Language) program at a regionally accredited college or university and the
completion of a course in English Composition equivalent to ENGL 103 with a
grade of C or higher.
admission to Jacksonville University degree programs.