Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
Demonstrated English proficiency is required of all international students. Students whose first language is not English or who are from a country where the medium of instruction is NOT English may demonstrate proficiency by submitting official copy of score reports, certificates or transcripts of one of the following:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of either 550 on the paper-based exam or 79 on the Internet-based exam.
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum of a band six (6.0).
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) with a minimum score of 56.
- High school transcripts showing completion of a minimum of two years at an institution where instruction is in English and demonstrating significant language achievement through rigorous coursework.
- Completion of at least 24 semester credits at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Completion of English composition or an equivalent course, with a grade of "C" or higher, at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Completion of the new College Board SAT Evidenced-Based reading and writing tests with acceptable minimum scores of 500.
- Completion of the ACT with reading and writing scores of 21 or higher.
- Transcripts showing the successful completion of an ESL (English as a Second Language) program at a regionally accredited college or university and the completion of a course in English Composition equivalent to ENGL 103 with a grade of C or higher.
- Duolingo score of 105 and above.
Note: International students who meet admission requirements with the exception of
English language proficiency and need additional English language training prior to
entering as a full-time degree seeking student may be considered for Jacksonville
University’s English Language Program (ELP). Admission to ELP does not guarantee
admission to Jacksonville University degree programs.