Black Alumni Network
The Jacksonville University Black Alumni Network (JUBA) is a group of Black JU alumni and allies that seek to advance and enrich the communities of Jacksonville University, the greater Jacksonville area, and beyond. JUBA engages JU students and alumni through scholarship, academic and career advising, community service, programming, and fostering relationships within and beyond the Jacksonville area. JUBA exists to trailblaze for minorities and underrepresented groups to ensure a collaborative alumni network and inclusive campus experience.
Graduate & Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunity
JU Black Alumni Network Scholarship Cycle - Apply today!
The JU Black Alumni Network invites current undergraduate and graduate students to apply for our distingushged $1,200 scholarship opportunity to one student who identifies with the mission of the Black Alumni Network at Jacksonville University. If you are a Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate student and graduating in the Fall of 2023 or later, you may qualify for this scholarship. If you are a Senior or graduate student, you must be here the following semester to be considered.
- Complete the form below.
- Submit a letter of recommendation, resume and unofficial transcripts.
Getting involved with JUBA is easy! Here's how:
All Black identified graduates and students who complete at least one semester of coursework at Jacksonville University are considered members of the network. There are no dues to join.
But don’t stop there! If you are interested in playing an active role within the Black Alumni Network or want to ensure you are on the mailing list, please contact us at email@example.com or (904) 256-7202.
- Submit an interest form to be a part of the planning committee for the Black Alumni Network.
- Update your alumni record to ensure your receive future communications.
- Submit a Class Note to let your former classmates know what you are up to.
Black Alumni Network Basketball Social Video
Check out photos from our past events:
- Black Alumni Network Black History Month Showcase (February 2021)
- Black Alumni Network Scholarship Endowment Announcement (February 2021)
- Black Alumni Network Virtual Gathering during #JUStayatHomecoming Week 2020
- Black Alumni Network Interest Meeting & Mixer (February 2020)
- Black Alumni Network Tailgate at Homecoming & Family Weekend 2019
- Black Alumni Network Panel at Homecoming & Family Weekend 2019
Support the Black Alumni Network Scholarship Fund
The beauty of helping students through a scholarship is that your gift will benefit students where they most need help. A scholarship can immediately impact students, giving them a chance, or a second chance, to pursue their education. And the efforts of that gift -- investing in our future leaders -- lasts a lifetime. The Black Alumni Network Scholarship fund was established in October 2019 by the JU Black Alumni Network volunteers.
About the Black Alumni Network Scholarship Fund
The Black Alumni Network Scholarship Fund supports the establishment of an endowed scholarship for Jacksonville University students who identify with the mission of the Black Alumni Network. Since reaching endowment in February of 2021, the Black Alumni Network Scholarship will be awarded to a student at Jacksonville University based on financial need in the Fall of 2022. The scholarship will be distributed to one or multiple students depending on endowment earnings.
With questions or to get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (904) 256-7202.