Resources & Information for Students
Career Management at JU offers a variety of programs, services and resources for our students. Our office is open 8:30am - 5:00pm during the week, where students and alumni can schedule appointments.
Our services include:
- Career Decision Making
- Class Assignments
- Cover Letter Review
- Create a CV/Federal Resume
- Create Resume
- Grad School Application Essays
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Form Review
- Internship Prep
- Internship Search
- Interview Prep
- Job Search
- Major Change
- Major Decision
- Mock Interview
- Research and Handouts
- Resume Printing
- Resume Review
- Technology Review
- Virtual Resume Review.
Programs and Services
- VMock: Smart Resume Platform: a resume tool that analyzes your resume in 30 seconds! Current students can access VMock through this link, using their JU email
Self-Assessments including Career Clusters and the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Assessment.
Individual and confidential career consultations and career counseling such as:
Choosing an academic major and determining a career path
Career exploration and information gathering
Conducting a successful job search
Interviewing skills development
Résumé, curriculum vitae, personal statement, and cover letter preparation and revision.
Annual Career Expo showcasing regional and national employers offering part-time and full-time employment opportunities and internships. See more events coming up.
Employer information sessions and tabling events featuring regional and national employers presenting on the nature of their work, internship and career opportunities.
A student workstation and library of resources covering career development topics, careers and graduate education.
- Guidance on searching, applying, and navigating Graduate School options and avenues to take.
- Take the Career Clusters assessment to learn more about potential career pathways here