Who is My Advisor?
Advisor assignments are determined by academic level and program:
- Freshmen, Sophomores, Pre-Nursing, and First-Semester Transfer Students: you will be assigned an advisor within the Academic Advising Center by major. Please see list below.
- Juniors and Seniors (58 credits or more): You will be assigned to a faculty advisor within your department. How to locate the name of your faculty advisor.
Freshmen, Sophomores, and First-Semester Transfer Students
All freshmen and sophomore students, as well as first-semester transfer students will receive academic advising from the Academic Advising Center, located on the first floor of the Howard Administration Building. Advisors are assigned to students based on the student's academic major. Please see the guide below to identify your advisor.
College of Arts & Sciences
- Computing Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
- Education for Instruction
- Geography & The Environ.
- Marine Science
- Political Science
- Secondary Education
- Social Sciences
- Life Sciences
Davis College of Business
- Aviation Management
- Business Administration-Gen
- Business Analytics
- Business Information Sys.
- International Business
- Sport Business
Linda Berry Stein College of Fine Arts
- BFA in Animation
- BFA and BA in Art, Concentration in Graphic Design
- BA in Film
- BFA in Art, Concentrations in Ceramics, Glass, Illustration, Photography, Sculpture
- BA in Art, Concentrations in Art History, Ceramics, Glass, Illustration, Photography, Sculpture
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
- Pre-Nursing and Freshman Nursing
- Communication and Science Disorders
Junior and Senior Students
Students who have earned 58 credits or more are assigned a faculty advisor. To identify your faculty advisor, log in to MyJU - Self-Service - Student Planning - Plan & Schedule - Advising. You will see your advisor(s) listed under "My Advisors." How to locate the name of your faculty advisor.