About the Honors Program
The Jacksonville University Honors Program is designed to challenge and stimulate academically-talented, highly-motivated students. Exposed to unique leadership and academic opportunities which round out their education, Honors students are guided to reflect on their beliefs and values and set goals by beginning a personal development portfolio in the Honors Colloquium. Through course work and enrichment activities, Honors faculty and students create a close community that supports outstanding scholarship, personal growth and service within the University.
Advantages & Benefits
- Largest Academic Scholarships (William J. Porter Honors, Presidential Honors, Jacksonville University Honors)
- Mentorship in Personal and Professional Development
- Interdisciplinary Seminars
- Study Abroad and Cross-Cultural Experiences
- Student Scholars Community
- Personalized Advising from Honors Faculty
- Priority Registration
- Individualized Research Support
- Graduation with University Honors
JU Honors graduates have gone on to attend Yale University Law School, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and other prestigious graduate and professional schools. Many have earned graduate fellowships and scholarships. Others are building careers in business corporations, nonprofit organizations, hospitals, schools, scientific pursuits, public service roles, entrepreneurial endeavors, and the arts.
- Priority Application Deadline*: December 1, 2017
- Second Priority Application Deadline*: February 15, 2018
- Honors Competition Days:
- January 19, 2018 (recommended for Fine Arts applicants)
- March 24, 2018
*With limited capacity in the program, we encourage students to apply by the priority deadline. In addition, we recommend all Fine Arts students to apply by the priority deadline in order to qualify for the Honors Competition that coincides with Fine Arts auditions.
If you have applied to the University using the Common App, your email will be in the system, but you will have to click the 'Forgot Password' button in order to login and access the honors application.