Transfer Students Specialized Advising

Frequently Asked Questions

How does my Associate of Arts (AA) fit in?

Graduates of a regionally-accredited community college or university who earned an Associate of Arts (AA) degree or Baccalaureate degree (in the case of a second-degree seeking student) should contact the JU Office of Admission for details about the transfer of college credit. In most cases, a regionally-accredited AA or Baccalaureate curriculum satisfies JU's general education, or core curriculum, requirements.

For the articulation agreement to be in effect, the AA must have been completed and awarded prior to the first day of classes for that student.

What to Expect


  1. Apply to Jacksonville University.
  2. Get accepted.
  3. Pay your seat deposit.
  4. Make sure all transcripts have been sent to JU. 
  5. You will receive an email invitation to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
  6. Have your official or unofficial transcripts on hand when you meet with an advisor.
  7. Meet with an academic advisor to review your transfer credit, develop a course schedule, engage in academic planning, and answer any questions you may have.

Getting Transfer Credit

  1. Send your official transcript to Jacksonville University.
  2. Apply and get accepted to Jacksonville University.
  3. Once you submit your enrollment deposit, your transcript will be officially reviewed, and transfer credit will be awarded where appropriate.
  4. A copy of your complete transfer credit evaluation will be mailed to you.
  5. Please allow at least two to three weeks from the time that you are accepted for the transfer credit evaluation to be sent in the mail to you.

Other Alternative Credit

For credit from the following areas: Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Level certificates of various kinds, Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES). To receive credit, JU must receive an official copy of scores from the testing institution. Alternate credit scores listed on a transfer transcript from another institution will not be considered official.

Transfer Credit Policies

  • A maximum of 60 semester hours or 95 quarter hours of transfer credit will be accepted from a regionally-accredited community college.
  • The final 30 credit hours must be completed at JU.
  • A grade of “C” or better is required for transfer credit to be awarded.
  • Courses that are considered to be foundation or remedial will not transfer.
  • An internship or practicum will not transfer.

Quick question? Need a simple response, fast? Join the waitlist for a call. Open only during business hours.

Related Links


Academic Advising

Office location

Howard Administration Building, first floor

Office hours

Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Email address