What is the Advising Center?
All first-year and transfer students receive academic advising from professional advisors in the Advising Center.
Once a first-year student has chosen a major, he or she is assigned a faculty adviser in that major. JU encourages students to establish and maintain close, personal contacts with their academic advisors throughout their college careers.
The Advising Center provides additional services to help students achieve academic success, including:
- Long-term planning
- Educational planning
- Major guide sheets outlining degree requirements and specific course prerequisites
- Career advising for undecided and change of major students
- The Academic Intervention Form for identifying specific areas impeding student success in a particular class
- Special advising programs for students experiencing academic difficulty
- Mid-semester progress reports
Academic advising is an on-going process that assists students to develop and pursue educational and career goals and to achieve academic success. Academic advisors inform, support, and encourage students to become self-directed in their educational planning.
Contact the Academic Advising Center
- Office location Founders Building, Suite 10
- Office hours Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Telephone number (904) 256-7170
- Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax number (904) 256-7171