Information for Doctoral Degree Recipients Thursday, April 25, 2019
- Apply for graduation now if you have not already done so.
- You can apply online through WebAdvisor, or you can complete this Application for Graduation.
- Not sure if you've applied yet? Check WebAdvisor or the graduation list in the glass case outside the Registrar's office in the Howard Administration Building (first floor). This list is updated on the 8th of each month. Being on the list indicates only that you have applied to graduate, not that you have met your degree requirements. To determine whether or not you have met the requirements for your degree, check your degree audit and make an appointment with your Academic Advisor.
- Order your cap and gown online by March 15.
- Keep your GPA up.
- Undergraduate students only: To receive Latin Honors recognition, the cumulative GPA must be at or above the standards by April 5.
- Pick up cap and gown April 15 – 27 at the JU Bookstore.
- Complete your student loan exit interview by April 15.
- Pay your JU student account in full by April 15.
Diplomas will be mailed to all graduated students 4-6 weeks after graduation.
Cap & Gown
Deadline to order: Friday, March 15
After the deadline, you must contact the JU Bookstore at (904) 256 -7523 to order your cap and gown.
$150.00 for cap, gown, tam, and tassel.
Your cap and gown will be black with a black tassel. Your tassel should be worn on your left-hand side, since you have a Bachelor's degree. Your Doctoral Tam will be the color that represents your area of study:
- Olive Brown: Business
- Peach: Nursing
The tassel is yours to keep. You must return the cap, gown, and tam to collection sites near the Science Green or to the JU Bookstore after the ceremony.
- April 15 – 26, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. in the JU Bookstore
- April 27, 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. at the line-up site
The Graduation List is posted in WebAdvisor and outside the Registrar's Office on the 1st floor of the Howard Administration Building. The Commencement List is updated the 8th of each month. Please check the Commencement List to see if your name, graduation term, degree, major, and minor are correct. Corrections must be submitted to the Registrar's Office in writing or using your JU E-mail account.
Diplomas will be mailed to all graduated students within 4-6 weeks after graduation date. Majors are printed on the diplomas, but minors are not.
Final Transcripts can be ordered anytime, even before you graduate. If you order them before you graduate, and you need them to show your degree, please mark the order to be released only once the degree has been posted.
Congratulations on your Achievement! GradImages® is the official photographer at your 2019 Spring Commencement Ceremony.
Personalized video footage of your graduate walking across the stage during Commencement is available to order. We simply request a donation of $10 that will go directly to the JU student scholarship fund. Order your video online.
Financial Aid Exit Interview
Exit Counseling is required before you graduate (even if you plan to attend graduate school) and helps you understand your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower, provides useful tips and information to help you manage your loans and clearly explains various repayment options. It can be completed online at www.studentloans.gov. The financial aid staff is available to answer any questions you might have regarding your loan repayment.
Pay Your JU Account
You will not be able to receive your diploma or official transcript until your student account is paid in full. This includes any charges for parking tickets, room damage, judiciary fines, late payment fees, etc. Please ensure your student account balance is paid no later than April 15th.
Each year the Senior class makes a donation to Jacksonville University to give thanks and recognition for the tangible and intangible benefits afforded them during their tenure.