Jacksonville University has a 3-year Residency Requirement. This means that full-time, undergraduate students at Jacksonville University are required to live on-campus for three (3) academic years.
Students are required to live on-campus for this period of time because Jacksonville University is committed to the educational development of its students both in the classroom and in the residential facilities. Studies show that students who live on-campus earn better grades, are more involved in student organizations, and graduate at higher rates than students who live off-campus.
You are not required to live on-campus during your first three years at Jacksonville University if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are at least 22 years old before the first day of classes of the term.
- You are legally married, as defined by the state of Florida.
- You are currently serving on active duty in the military.
- You live with an immediate family member within 30-miles of Jacksonville University, located at 2800 University Blvd. N, Jacksonville FL 32211. An "immediate family member" is a parent, child, legal guardian, or sibling.
- You are a transfer student at least three years removed from high school graduation date.
If you meet any of the other criteria listed above, please complete the Residency Exemption Request form located below.
Completion of this form is a request and does not guarantee exemption from the residency requirement. The Residential Life Office reviews all applications and communicates whether or not an exemption has been granted.
This form is valid for one academic year and must be re-submitted and approved each academic year the student wishes to utilize the exemption in order for our office records to stay current.
If you are over the age of 23 you do NOT need to fill out this form for residency exemption as you are outside of the standard of the Jacksonville University Live-On Requirement.
Requests are reviewed on a rolling-basis- all Fall 2024 requests should be submitted by March 27th, 2024 for priority review prior to the 24/25 Housing Application process.