Center for Men’s Mental Wellness Men's Clinic
Offering FREE counseling to men living in Duval County (32209 zip code)!
Welcome to the JU CMHC Center for Men's Wellness!
The JU CMHC Center for Men’s Mental Wellness (CMMW) is committed to providing support to men in the 32209 community. We currently offer counseling services both in-person and virtually. The Center is staffed by a team of JU faculty, a community-based clinician, and advanced counseling students who specialize in clinical mental health counseling. We offer in person services at the Emmett Reed Center of Hope, at 1093 W. 6th Street.
Our mission is to provide culturally responsive care to men through counseling, education, and advocacy; whereby we inspire and empower all men to live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We also strive to develop counselors for multicultural and social justice practice. We envision a world where inequity and stigma do not separate men from mental healthcare.
Request an appointment
If you are a male resident in the 32209 community and are uninsured (or underinsured—no mental health coverage) and would like to schedule your first appointment, please click on the button below.
After you submit your appointment request, you will receive an email invitation to our secure client portal. You must register to this portal by creating an account in order to facilitate scheduling, communicate with a counselor, and access important links.
Information and Expectations
- NO FEES are charged for services.
- Because we are a clinical training site, we will ask your permission to audio/video record the sessions in order to provide feedback to the counselors from the counseling team and provide you with the highest quality service. You will NOT be recorded, only the counselor. Our policy is to erase all session videos after one year from the completion of the counseling relationship.
- Videotaping and live supervision allow for observing and consulting with training faculty to provide effective counseling.
- Our team consultation approach allows for added feedback given to your counselor(s) as they work with you in session.
- We will also ask you to complete a few forms when you begin, and at the end of the semester with us. This information will be used to better understand what you’re bringing to us and discover ways we might be more effective in helping others.
- Clients are asked to sign a form acknowledging their agreement to participate as clinic clients.
- We ask that you keep your scheduled appointments. If you are unable to keep an appointment, please call us. If you need to cancel, we ask you give us at least 24 hours notice.
- Missing appointments without calling and more than 2 cancellations may result in termination of services as we have other clients awaiting services.
- You can expect that any information shared will be considered confidential with exceptions provided by law. We place a high value on what you share with us.
Interested in contributing to the efforts of the Center?
Your donations help to make counseling services accessible to the men in our community. To donate online please click the link below and under Campus Cause select Other and type in the Center for Men's Mental Wellness. Checks can be mailed to: Jacksonville University, University Advancement, 2800 University Blvd. N, Jacksonville, FL 32211. Please write Center for Men's Mental Wellness in the memo section.
To discuss a gift to the Center for Men's Mental Wellness, please contact the JU Office of University Advancement.