Admission requirements for the Clinical Mental Health Counseling include:
• A$50 non‐refundable application fee.
• Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. No specific undergraduate major is required.
• Unencumbered background check (at the beginning of the first academic semester).
• Essay (1‐2 pages) that addresses reason(s) for seeking a degree in clinical mental health counseling and includes short and long term professional goals.
• Resume that includes education and work background, honors, memberships in professional, school, and service organizations, etc.
• Three letters of recommendation preferably with at least one from a professor who is familiar with the applicant’s academic work.
• Have official transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions at Jacksonville University. JU requires applicants to send transcripts from every college/university attended, even if the course resulted in a drop, withdrawal, failure or if the course was transferred to another school. For information on how to send your transcripts to JU, please visit the Registrar's JU transcript instructions site.
• Interview: An interview with members of the CMHC faculty is a component of the admission process.
• For international Students TOEFL (minimum score of 650 for paper, 280 for computer, and 114 if internet based) or IELTS requirement of 8.0 if the applicant's primary language is not English.
The admissions process for the CMHC program includes the use of a rubric. The rubric categories include cumulative grade point average (CGPA), content and writing style of the personal statement (essay), letters of recommendation, professional and personal experience related to the coursework and field, and an in-person interview. The review committee consists of four full time faculty members, all holding PhDs and decades of experience within the mental health field.
The application deadline is April 2, 2018, for a fall-term cohort that begins in August 2018. All admission decisions are scheduled to be released by May 1, 2018.