The Programmer/Analyst will be responsible for technical analysis, development, documentation, testing and installation of custom and other programs in an Ellucian Colleague environment.
Work may include administration, new development, maintenance and upgrades related to various systems applications including but not limited to
Ellucian Colleague ERP system
Slate Applicant Tracking
Evisions Argos Reporting
Scheduled Data Feeds
Makes recommendations on the best development approach based on the client's needs in conjunction with defined standards for programming and support.
Provides time estimates and status for assigned programs and delivers programs and documentation according to scheduled deadlines, standards and with high quality.
This position works with clients and team members to monitor all defect tickets in work, regardless if work is completed in-house or by Datatel.
Essential Job Duties
- Develops technical specifications, code and test plans that meet defined standards and procedures
- Creates test plans, test data and conducts unit testing for all programming assignments to ensure programs are working correctly prior to release
- Modifies existing programs based on approved business needs or upgrade requirements as required
- Works with the appropriate team members and or the client, as appropriate, to recommend the most efficient design for the modifications
- Ability to investigate, learn and document new applications
- SQL, SQLServer programming experience
- ENVISION programming a plus
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Typically inside, though sometimes outside tracking down problems
- Occasionally work will require some weekend/evening hours for system upgrades or other work-related duties
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to travel for training purposes
Prerequisites Required For Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Technical Degree
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 - 4 years
Ø SQLServer programming including T-SQL, stored procedures, views.
Ø Educational environment.
Ø Technical documentation.
Ø Experience with a variety of Business systems (Payroll, HR, Billing etc) a plus.
Ø WebAPI Experience a plus
Send JU Staff Employment Application, professional resume and letter of interest via electronic email to:
Johnnie "JD" Hysler