Transfer Students

Frequently Asked Questions

How does my Associate of Arts (AA) fit in?

Graduates of a regionally-accredited community college or university who earned an Associate of Arts (AA) degree or Baccalaureate degree (in the case of a second-degree seeking student) should contact the JU Office of Admission for details about the transfer of college credit. In most cases, a regionally-accredited AA or Baccalaureate curriculum satisfies JU's general education, or core curriculum, requirements.

For the articulation agreement to be in effect, the A.A. must have been completed and awarded prior to the first day of classes for that student.


  1. Apply to Jacksonville University.
  2. Get accepted.
  3. Pay your $400 deposit to the Controllers Office. Once you have paid your deposit then your file is sent to the Advising Center.
  4. The Advising Center will email you information regarding the math placement exam and registration process.  Once you receive your registration email, call The Advising Center and set up an advising appointment. You can either come into our office, or be advised on the phone.
  5. Prior to your advising appointment, you will be pre-registered in several selected, appropriate courses for your designated major.
  6. During your advising appointment, you will finalize your complete class schedule through JU's online registration process.

Transfer Credit

  1. Send your official transcript to Jacksonville University.
  2. Apply and get accepted to Jacksonville University.
  3. Once you submit your enrollment deposit, your transcript will be officially reviewed, and transfer credit will be awarded where appropriate.
  4. A copy of your complete transfer credit evaluation will be mailed to you.
  5. Please allow at least two to three weeks from the time that you are accepted for the transfer credit evaluation to be sent in the mail to you.


  • A maximum of 60 semester hours or 95 quarter hours of transfer credit will be accepted from a regionally-accredited community college.
  • The final 30 credit hours must be completed at JU.
  • A grade of “C” or better is required for transfer credit to be awarded.
  • Courses that are considered to be foundation or remedial will not transfer.
  • An internship or practicum will not transfer.

Military Credit

In order for credit to be awarded, the terms of military service, as well as service schools attended, credit must be documented on a Joint Services Transcript. Learn more about getting academic credit for your military service here.

Other Alternative Credit

For credit from the following areas: Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Level certificates of various kinds, Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES). To receive credit, JU must receive an official copy of scores from the testing institution. Alternate credit scores listed on a transfer transcript from another institution will not be considered official.

Accelerated Degree Program

Learn more about the Accelerated Degree Program.