Jacksonville University recognizes that an Institutional Review Board is an indispensable body regarding oversight of research activities undertaken by its faculty, staff, and students. As research activities often involve the potential for abuse of a subject's autonomy and / or privacy rights, Jacksonville University has developed this board to ensure that the rights of all research subjects are protected. All research that involves human subjects, tissues/specimens, data/records, or surveys requires review and approval from the IRB. Researchers may not collect data from human subjects until after IRB approval has been obtained.
- Is Your Project Human Subjects Research?
- Decision Tree 1 for Exempt versus Expedited/Full
- Decision Tree 2 for Exempt versus Expedited/Full
- Decision Tree for Informed Consent
The JU IRB is only accepting online submission through the platform IRBNet. In order to submit, you will have to create a User Profile using the New User Registration Guide. Additional training guides can be found below.
IRBNet also has a database of research training resources available here. This is a free resource available to all JU faculty, staff and students. The username is jacksonville and the password is training1; you must be logged into IRBNet to access the training and education tools.
Forms and Guidance
As you begin the IRB Process, we encourage you to take a look at the Forms Checklist. This is meant only to be a tool to help you begin to understand which forms may be required for your submission, but is not necessarily exhaustive or all inclusive. We encourage you to contact the IRB Administrator if you have specific questions about what all you need to include in your submission.
For your convenience, here are sample versions of many of the forms. These are not meant to be used for your submission. The most current versions of the forms are available in the Forms Library on IRBNet.
- Forms Checklist
- Adult Consent
- Informed Consent
- Informed Consent - Exempt Review
- Informed Consent - Minor with Parent Assent
- Application - Exempt Review
- Application - Expedited & Full Board Review
- Protocol Template
- Mentor Agreement Letter
- Site Authorization Letter
- PI Transfer Form
- Continuation Form
- Revision / Amendment Request
- Closure Request
Policy and Procedures
- Training Requirements
- Review Categories
- Unanticipated Problems and Adverse Events Involving Risks to Subjects
- Requirements for Recruitment by External Researchers
2018 Meeting Dates
IRB Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month.
Paperwork for Full Board review should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the meeting to be included on the meeting agenda.
|Month||Meeting Date||Submission Deadline|
- Code of Federal Regulations - Protection of Human Subjects
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Information for Researchers
- The Belmont Report
- HHS Human Subject Regulations Decision Charts
JU's Federalwide Assurance: FWA00020200
JU's IRB Registration number: IRB00009290
JU's IORG Registration number: IORG0007742
Please Email The Jacksonville University Institutional Review Board at email@example.com.
For additional information contact: