The goal of the PMHNP program is to educate advanced practice nurses who can demonstrate critical thinking and decision-making skills in evaluating the health and illness of individuals and families suffering from mental health issues. Graduates will manage direct care of individuals experiencing acute and chronic mental health issues across the lifespan. The PMHNP graduate will advance nursing knowledge through inquiry, research utilization, and generation of clinical strategies to facilitate changes in professional nursing practice. The graduate program in nursing prepares students to continue study at the Doctorate level.
The PMHNP Post-Graduate Certificate Progression is for those who are RN's with MSN
degrees, begins one time per year in the fall semester only. The application deadline
for the fall each year is February 1.
The PMHNP Post-Graduate Certificate for those who are already licensed ARNP's and have eligible transfer credit for the 3 P's can begin in the spring semester of each year. The application deadline is February 1*.
*Applicants who are already licensed ARNP's, may submit an application and materials between February 1 and October 1st each year, applying to be admitted to the spring semester start if there is still space available.
- Completed online application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from MSN degree
- 3.0 graduate nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited MSN program
- Three letters of recommendation (a minimum of two should be professional references)
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Intent
- A personal statement describing your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree and detailing your professional goals. Should not exceed 2 pages.
- Copy of valid Florida RN or ARNP License
- Out of state applicants must have valid RN or ARNP license from a US state and be eligible for license endorsement in the state of Florida.
- One year of work experience as a RN is required
- If the applicant’s primary language is not English, the TOEFL or IELTS exam will be
- For score requirements, please reference this page here.
- On campus Interview required for all ARNP program candidates who are qualified
- For ARNP programs, background checks are required for all students participating in clinical practice. Information on the background check may need to be released to clinical agencies for permission to participate at the clinical site. If clinical placement is denied by the agency, and an alternate site cannot be obtained, the student will not complete the program.
Assistant Director of Enrollment & Advising for Graduate Nursing
- Email address email@example.com
Elaine Borne DNP, ARNP, ANP-BC, AGACNP-BC
Nurse Practitioner Progam Coordinator
- Email address firstname.lastname@example.org