Family Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate
The goal of the FNP program is to educate advanced practice nurses who can demonstrate critical thinking and decision-making skills in evaluating the health and illness of selected populations. Graduates will manage direct care of individuals experiencing acute and chronic health issues across the lifespan. The Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) graduate will advance nursing knowledge through inquiry, research utilization, and generation of educational, administrative, or clinical strategies to facilitate changes in professional nursing practice. The graduate program in nursing prepares students to continue study at the Doctoral level.
The FNP Post-Graduate Certificate Progression for those who are RNs with MSN degrees begins one time per year in the fall semester only. The application deadline is February 1.
The FNP Post-Graduate Certificate Progression for those who are already licensed APRN's should begin in the fall semester*. The application deadline is February 1.
*Applicants who are already licensed APRN's, may submit an application and materials outside of the February 1 application deadline, and will be evaluated for other semester starts if there is still space available.
- Completed online application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from MSN degree
- 3.0 graduate nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited MSN program
- Three letters of recommendation (a minimum of two should be professional references)
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Intent
- A personal statement describing your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree and detailing your professional goals. Should not exceed 2 pages.
- Copy of valid Florida RN or APRN License
- Out of state applicants must have valid RN or APRN license from a US state and be eligible for license endorsement in the state of Florida.
- One year of work experience as a RN is required
- If the applicant’s primary language is not English, the TOEFL or IELTS exam will be
- For score requirements, please reference this page here.
- On campus Interview required for all APRN program candidates who are qualified
- For APRN programs, background checks are required for all students participating in clinical practice. Information on the background check may need to be released to clinical agencies for permission to participate at the clinical site. If clinical placement is denied by the agency, and an alternate site cannot be obtained, the student will not complete the program.
If you are interested in the FNP post-graduate certificate with the ENP subspecialization, please reference the FNP/ENP program information here.
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
- Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director of Enrollment and Advising for Graduate Nursing
- Email address email@example.com