Dolphin Direct Textbook Program About the Book Bundle
Jacksonville University is committed to empowering students to achieve academic success by providing timely access to essential learning materials.
The Dolphin Direct Textbook Program provides all undergraduate students access to required textbooks and access codes for an affordable flat rate per semester.
- $350 per semester
- Not currently available for ADP, Graduate or online students
If you have questions, please contact the Bookstore.
- (904) 256-7500
How It Works
Register for your classes. The bookstore will start preparing your course materials
Your student account will be charged a flat-rate fee each semester. Undergraduate students will be charged $350 per semester.
One month before classes start, you will receive an email to your JU email instructing you to confirm your schedule and select your delivery preference (in-store pick up or shipped directly to you) The email will be from firstname.lastname@example.org
An email notification will be sent when your order is ready for pickup or when it ships. The email will be from JUBookstore
Your digital materials will be available through Blackboard or a physical access code.
You will head to the first day of class with the books and/or access codes you need to succeed this semester.
Once the semester Is over, you can return any rental books to the bookstore or mail them back with the shipping label provided.
Textbook Rental FAQs
What is included in the program?
The program provides all required textbooks, lab manuals, access codes and electronic book versions to main campus undergraduate students.
What is excluded from the program?
The program does not include consumables that cannot be returned such as lab goggles, dissection kits, molecular biology kits, engineering kits or nursing kits.
How do I enroll in the program?
All undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in the Dolphin Direct Book Program.
How do I pay for my textbook rental?
A flat-rate fee will be assessed to the student account each semester, in accordance with the published Tuition and Fees Schedule.
How do I pick up my books?
Students will come to the Jacksonville University Bookstore to pick up their box of course materials
Can I buy my rented textbook?
Yes, the program provides students with the option to purchase textbooks used throughout the semester at a reduced rate during the return period.
When do I need to return my books?
Students are required to return items issued through the book program to the University bookstore during finals week.
What happens if I do not return the book by the due date?
A charge, as determined by the University bookstore, will be assessed to students failing to return items issued through the book program within the designated time period.
What happens if I drop a course?
Students dropping a course or withdrawing from the University must return items issued through the book program within 24 hours of the course drop or University withdrawal.
What happens if I add a course?
If a course is added you will receive an email to your JU email instructing you to confirm your schedule change and select your delivery preference (in-store pick up or shipped directly to you). The email will be from email@example.com. An email notification will be sent when your order is ready for pickup or when it ships. The email will be from JUBookstore.
Can I opt-out?
Students electing to opt-out of the program must remit the Title IV Financial Aid Recipient Textbook Program Opt-Out form electronically to Student Accounts before the first day of class.
Once the opt-out form is received by Student Accounts, JU is no longer responsible for issuing textbooks to the student.
Students are required to opt-out each semester to remove the charges from their student account.
The opt-out deadline is August 20, 2021 for the Spring semester.
Can I opt-out if I’ve already received my rental books?
Yes, students electing to opt-out of the program who have already received their rental books from Barnes & Noble are required to return the books to the bookstore within 24 hours of submitting the opt-out form to Student Accounts. Students failing to do so will be assessed the full cost of each book to their student account.
When will I receive my refund after opting out?
Upon receiving official notice that a student wishes to opt-out of the program, the fee will be credited within 10 business days.
Policy for Title IV Financial Aid Recipients
In accordance with federal regulations, Jacksonville University has established a policy under which an eligible Title IV financial aid recipient may opt-out of the flat-rate book program. Students are encouraged to read the opt-out policy, prior to submitting the Title IV Financial Aid Recipient Textbook Program Opt-Out form to the Business Office.
- Students opting out of the Dolphin Direct Book Program must opt-out before the first day of class and may not re-enter the program during the semester.
- Students electing to opt-out of the program must remit the Title IV Financial Aid Recipient Textbook Program Opt-Out form Electronically to the Jacksonville University Student Accounts Office before the first day of class.
- Students electing to opt-out of the program and have received their books from Barnes and Noble through the book program are required to return the books to the bookstore within 24 hours of remitting the opt-out form to Student Accounts. Students failing to do so will be assessed the full cost of each book to their student account.
- Title IV financial aid recipients have the option of purchasing books at their own expense. It is the responsibility of the student to purchase all required books for the program should they opt-out of the program.
- It is the student’s responsibility to review the book list on our website and confirm the title and ISBN number for the current book being used for the course with their instructor, as editions can change frequently