Financial Aid To-Do List

  1. Complete your FAFSA

    Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in the financial aid process. Use it to apply for federal student financial aid such as the Pell Grant, student loans, and Federal Work Study. JU’s school code is 001495. Complete the FAFSA online and remember that a FSA ID is necessary to access and sign this application. 

  2. Review your Award

    A few weeks after you file your FAFSA, log into your Self-Service portal to review and accept or decline your federal loans. This is where you will view your award letter, missing documents, and other student information.  You must choose to accept or decline student loans.  NOTE: Only accepted financial aid can be used to defer tuition costs. 

    If you qualify for Bright Futures you can apply for the scholarship by submitting the Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA) no later than August 31 after high school graduation. You can check with your High School guidance counselor to get information on the Bright Futures.  JU also accepts Florida Pre-Paid and other 529 plans.  You can contact your plan administrator to find out information on your plan and how it works. Student Accounts handles the Florida Pre-Paid and 529 plans if you need to reach out to to anyone at Jacksonville University regarding this resource.

  3. Complete and Submit All Required Documents

    Your financial aid will not be disbursed if you have any outstanding financial aid requirements. Submit all requested documents as early as possible to avoid disbursement delays. View your financial aid missing documents under the Complete Required Documents link in your Self-Service Portal .  After you review your missing documents you can fill out most forms by clicking on the document indicated in your Portal. If you are chosen for verification you may also be required to turn in a tax transcript for both you and your parents. You request tax return transcripts or a copy of your non-filing letter at IRS.GOV.  All forms can be faxed to 904-256-7148 or scanned and emailed to our office at

  4. Complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN)

    If you accepted or requested a Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized, or Graduate PLUS loan you will need to complete entrance counseling and your Master Promissory Note (MPN). Loans will not disburse until you have completed these two required steps.

  5. Florida Resident programs

    If you are a dependent student and your parents are Florida residents you may be eligible for certain grants or scholarships that are offered because of your Florida resident status. 

    Bright Futures - To get information on this award and the requirements you can visit the website and also contact your guidance counselor at your High School.

    EASE- You may also be eligible for the Effective Access To Student Education Program Grant, formerly known as the Florida Residency Access Grant.  Requirements include full-time enrollment in a first bachelor's degree undergraduate program, a Florida resident for at least one year, and a U.S citizen or eligible noncitizen.  If you provided your parent's information on the FAFSA you would need to prove they are Florida residents.  If you are independent then you would need to provide your proof of Florida residency.  The list of acceptable documents for proof of Florida residency can be found on this form. The documentation provided must be dated a year prior to your enrollment start date.  If you do not complete a FAFSA but meet the requirements you may still be eligible but you will have to fill out an additional form.

    Florida Pre-Paid-  Florida Pre-Paid is a 529 college savings plan that Jacksonville University does accept to help with the costs of tuition, room, and meal plans. Your parents will need to contact Florida Pre-Paid once it is decided you are going to be attending Jacksonville University and using the plan.  You can visit the website for additional information.

  6. Pay Your Balance or Finalize Payment Options

    Log in here to view your student account statement.  You can pay your balance or set up a Payment Plan before the tuition is due.  You can contact Student Accounts with any questions regarding payments or payment plans.  The payment deadlines are July 1st for the fall term and December 1st for the spring term. You may be eligible to use a parent plus loan , alternative loan , or third party payment to cover your balance.

Also in this section…

Make a Payment

Related Links


Financial Services

Office location

Howard Administration Building
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211

Office hours

Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Telephone number

(904) 256-7060
Financial Services

(904) 256-7080
Student Accounts

Email address
Financial Services
Student Accounts