JU Engineering - Home
Goals & Objectives
- Solid engineering and science backgrounds
- Experiential learning
- Interdisciplinary major curricula and labs
- Liberal art general education
1. Professional Practice
- JU graduates will be recognized for their sound engineering skills. After beginning their careers, they will demonstrate this achievement by their ability to apply systematically the fundamental principles of science and mathematics to solve technical problems and the ability and motivation to continually adopt and appropriately apply the latest tools and technology.
2. Advancement in Career
- JU graduates will successfully pursue and advance their professional careers such as the advanced eduation, research and development in engineering related fields after graduation. Graduates will know when and how to reach out for enrichment activities, seek further training, certification, and graduate degrees.
3. Well-rounded professionals with life-long learning skills
- JU engineering program will impact current engineering expertise as well as lifelng learning skills in its graduates. As a result, JU engineering graduates will adapt effectively to both the present and future needs in their workplace and in society. This lifelong learning will take place in both formal and informal educational settings. Graduates will collaboratively work on technical problems with professionals across the fields.
- Continue to refine our curricula of two programs at ABET accreditations
- Continue our professional developments to catch up with the latest technologies
- Continue to actively participate in the outreach activities
Students may obtain a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Completing a BS degree at JU sets you up for success in the job market, and in the world of engineering.
- Brochure for Engineering Department.pdf
- Mechanical Engineering Curriculum.pdf
- Electrical Engineering Curriculum.pdf
- Mechanical Engineering Time line.pdf
- Electrical Engineering Time line.pdf
For additional information, please use the contact information below. Thank you for visiting!
Huihui (Helen) Wang, Ph.D.
Director of Engineering
Nelms 4, Office A
P: 904-256-7325, F: 904-256-7573
Office of Admission
904-256-7000 or 800-225-2027 (toll-free)