SLP Salary Information
- The median annual salary is $75,000.
- The median annual salary for SLPs who are full-time private practice owners or co-owners was $77,240.
- The median annual salaries are $70,000 for clinical service providers and $93,534 for administrators or supervisors.
- The lowest and highest median annual salaries by various predictor variables are by facility type
- $68,000 in outpatient clinics and offices;
- $90,000 in SNFs and general medical, VA, and LTAC hospitals; by population density
- $73,833 in suburban areas,
- $75,000 in city/urban areas,
- $78,266 in rural areas;
State By State Requirements to Become a Speech Pathologist:
Research Excellence and Advancement for Dyslexia (READ) Act:
General information on speech, language, and hearing problems:
Resources for problems related to stroke: http://www.strokeassociation.org/STROKEORG/Professionals/Stroke-Resources-for-Professionals_UCM_308581_SubHomePage.jsp
Jacksonville Speech and Hearing Center:
The Voice Foundation:
Resources for providing culturally competent services:
Online Directory of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology:
Self-Help Groups for Speech, Language, and Swallowing Disorders:
United States Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication:
Speaking Freely: Empowering Speech Therapy Apps:
10 Tips for Selecting Toys for Your Speech Delayed Child:
Learning Disabilities Association of America:
Career Assistance for Deaf and Hearing Impaired:
Southerland, Paul, "The Best States for Speech Pathologists," GoodCall.com: Better information, smarter decisions, http://www.goodcall.com/data-center/the-best-states-for-speech-pathologists, (July 30, 2015).
The Students to Empowered Professional (S.T.E.P.) mentoring program matches CSD students to mentors from across the world to virtually communicate to address short- or long-term goals. S.T.E.P. provides an online mentoring network to foster community and empower future professionals from underrepresented racial/ethnic populations.
S.T.E.P. Program website: www.asha.org/students/mentoring/step